#11 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2016 - 10:59 PM

Slight update...

I had an opportunity to talk with Matt today about scheduling and some questions we had and I thought I'd share some information with everyone..

When we put out deposit down in November he said that the rig would be ready in April. After hearing of other people having to wait considerably longer than their promised date (with other brands) we didn't think that would be the case. Well we were wrong! The camper WILL be ready next month...unfortunately our schedules won't so we'll have to pick the camper up in the second half of May...Matt was OK with that and we appreciate him working with us.

Based on others experiences with SOB's I asked him about the following...

- will the propane tanks be filled -YES!

- should we get a bed mat? - NO, they will provide it as part of our purchase!

- you showed us the ability to use a cordless drill to raise and lower the top, where can we get the drill bit so that we don't have to use the hand crank - we will give you two of them!

- is the socket that raises the top the same size that fits on the manual Jack's? - yes they are the same size (good thinking!)

I guess all I have to bring is my toothbrush and something cold to drink!!!
Can't wait!!

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#12 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:17 PM

A couple of pictures from a week or so ago...

Attached Thumbnails

• image.jpeg
  • image.jpeg

Eddie
KO4CPL

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 31 March 2016 - 11:40 PM

This is pretty cool!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#14 Bad Habit

Bad Habit

• Members
  • 324 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 01:39 AM

Pretty much my same experience when we ordered/picked up ours.  We put our deposit down in Sept. '14 and they had  said they would have ready buy mid-Dec but there was no rush to pick it up, all based on our schedule.  With the holidays and the rest of life getting in the way that time of year, we ended up not picking it up the end of Jan.  They were very accommodating to our schedule.  Tanks filled, bed mat, although I did bring my own cordless drill.  Works great for raising and lowering, basically the "bit" is a 3/8 bolt with 3 flats ground on the threads so it doesn't spin.

I use a Milwaukee 18v cordless, on a full charge (the small battery) I can fully raise the camper on the jacks, set it down in the truck, then raise and lower the top a few times.  I have a 2nd battery along too, and use the charger with an inverter in the camper or the one in the truck.  Raising and lowering is no problem :)   Did you order the heavy lift option?  It's geared lower than the standard lift, can lift up to 500lbs on the roof I think. Would rather not use the hand crank, could probably churn butter faster .

2012 F350 Super Cab SB, 6.7l diesel, Hallmark K2

#15 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 01 April 2016 - 09:29 AM

Bad Habbit yes we did get the heavy lift option. It seemed like a no brainer to us.
The video on their website showing the top being raised with an ATV and a guy on top of it sold us even though at this point we don't anticipate putting much up there.

Eddie
KO4CPL

#16 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:04 PM

OK..I admit the wait is getting to me!

SO i decided to do a little something like get some new plates for the F-350.

What do you think? You have to expand the picture to read the license plate...

Attached Thumbnails

• F-350.jpg

Edited by smlobx, 14 April 2016 - 02:05 PM.

Eddie
KO4CPL

#17 DrJ

DrJ

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSouthern Idaho

Posted 14 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Nice!

2015 Silverado Crew Cab Duramax and 2015 Front Dinette Grandby

One can change the world, it only requires kindness

http://www.truckcamp...g-family-earth/

#18 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 15 April 2016 - 01:37 AM

Hallmark is a 1st class operation all the way around.  You will have a great experience picking it up and then the fun starts!

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#19 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:20 PM

Well the day has finally arrived!!!
We are leaving tomorrow morning bright and early and will be driving from VA to Denver and picking up our Hallmark Everest on Tuesday. We'll then spend a few days in the Rockies to get more familiar with the camper and that way we can stop off in Ft. Lupton to fix anything we find before driving back.
The truck has been serviced and is packed up with the exception of some stuff we'll put in a cooler tomorrow am. We are hoping to camp along the way but in looking at the weather they've been having in the Midwest the last few days we may just have to stay in some Hilton properties along the way.
We'll use this thread to post updates along the way.
Here is the steed ready to leave...

ImageUploadedByWander The West1463174392.491522.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Eddie
KO4CPL

#20 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,596 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 13 May 2016 - 09:23 PM

Congrats and safe journeys!!!   Photos!!! Lots of photos!!!

I am haunted by waters

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users