• Please log in to reply
39 replies to this topic

#21 Vic

Vic

• Members
  • 350 posts
  • Locationcamping somewhere in the Sierra Nevada range

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:16 PM

Congrats - can't wait to see pic's when you are done.

Hope to run into you again on West Side Road, next time with the new rig!

"I took the road less traveled.  Now I don't know where I am"

2014 Dodge Ram 3500 diesel & Hallmark Everest.  (Former Rig - 99 Ram 2500/ 2000 Sunlite Eagle pop-up)

#22 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 13 May 2016 - 10:36 PM

I know you are excited! Drive safely and send pictures when you can :)

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

#23 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 14 May 2016 - 05:51 AM

I know you are excited! Drive safely and send pictures when you can :)

Know it will be a great trip for you! Have fun. Travel safe.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#24 isbram

isbram

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 14 May 2016 - 08:15 PM

Have a great trip and take some time to enjoy Colorado camping, were out camping in our Hallmark this week.

1999 Dodge Ram 2500
2011 Hallmark Cuchara XL

#25 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 14 May 2016 - 09:37 PM

Status report....

Well we left Virginia at 0730 this morning and drove through West Virginia, Kentucky, Indiana and are now in Illinois. It is approximately 1550 miles from our house to Denver and we allotted ourselves 3 days to drive out. That meant that we had to do something over 500 per day to make our meeting with Hallmark on Tuesday morning. We had planned to camp along the way but the weather is significantly colder than we had planned for. Tonight it's suppose to be in the mid 30's with a 15-25 wind which would put the wind chill below freezing....call us wimps but we decided to get a hotel room!! Once we decided to get a room we figured that we could have used the time that it would have taken to set up camp and cook to just drive further so we cranked out 639 miles today!
Hopefully the weather will warm up tomorrow (it's suppose to) and we can find a place to camp along the way...

No pictures today but the one place we almost stopped at in WV was Possum Hollow. Sounded almost too good to pass up!

Will report tomorrow if we can...

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Eddie
KO4CPL

Travel light. Travel far. Travel safe.

#26 enelson

enelson

• Members
  • 229 posts
  • LocationPrescott, Arizona

Posted 16 May 2016 - 10:15 PM

Hopefully it will stop raining before you arrive!  Very wet in Colorado right now.

#27 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2016 - 12:21 PM

As enelson reported it is and has been raining for the past two days but we are in Denver and will be picking up the Hallmark this am!! We are stoked to finally be here...

Had a minor mechanical issue in the middle of nowhere South of Denver yesterday but we found a great mechanic who was able to get us back on the road...

More later with pics from the factory!

Eddie
KO4CPL

#28 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 17 May 2016 - 02:06 PM

The day is here! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#29 smlobx

smlobx

Lost again

• Members
  • 1,529 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:22 PM

Yes it is!
I couldn't sleep a wink last night..I was like a little kid on Christmas Eve!

We got up to Hallmark just before 9am and they had me back my truck right in and started working on it immediately.
Bill spent about 3 hours with us going over the various systems and how they work. Fortunately my wife was furiously taking notes.

To make a long story short they took fantastic care of us and answered all our questions. By the time we left, six hours later, we felt as if we had a good handle on how the camper worked.

We drove about 20 minutes up the road to a state campground to spend the night. Tomorrow we'll go up to RMNP and get a chance to check out the heater!

Here is a picture of the setup that will allow us to use our Coleman stove and do most of our cooking outside..ImageUploadedByWander The West1463527246.917349.jpg

I'm exhausted from all the day's events so I'll do a more thorough report in a few days..
I want to thank all the members of this forum that have help us make the decision to get into truck camping...

Sent from my iPad using Wander The West

Eddie
KO4CPL

#30 Happyjax

Happyjax

• Members
  • 1,444 posts
  • LocationMaryland

Posted 17 May 2016 - 11:29 PM

Awesome sauce!

2018 Ford F-250. Customized Bundutec Sable :)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users