Photo

Looking at late 1990's palomino for 4.0 V6 Tacoma lots of questions!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

#11 krs1

krs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 01 August 2016 - 01:10 AM

ok so the rear mounts in my tacoma already has d rings did you do the same with the front replaceing the current screws? how do i post pics on here? i would love to post pics to show progress and to clarify things. pulled trigger on the camper and its sitting in my back yard

#12 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 01 August 2016 - 05:09 PM

ok so the rear mounts in my tacoma already has d rings did you do the same with the front replaceing the current screws? how do i post pics on here? i would love to post pics to show progress and to clarify things. pulled trigger on the camper and its sitting in my back yard

I'm sure you could use some short pieces of angle iron for the front connections. I did use the as supplied D-rings at the rear. Seemed to me the front connections were the most important and the rear just stabilized side to side movement. I have taken my camper on some extremely rugged roads (at very slow speeds) and never had any issues with movement within the bed. Always figured the camper would self eject in the event of an severe accident.

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#13 krs1

krs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 02 August 2016 - 06:04 AM

Any pics of your set up? Maybe how it mounts and fits in the truck?

#14 CraggyMan

CraggyMan

• Members
  • 335 posts
  • LocationBend OR

Posted 02 August 2016 - 05:00 PM

Any pics of your set up? Maybe how it mounts and fits in the truck?

Sorry, no pix. Just sold my trusty Palomino. 7 years of great trips but it was time to pass it along to someone else that might treat it with a bit more TLC. I think in the long haul my backcountry Great Basin trips would be its downfall.

Attached Thumbnails

• PoisonRd_JDavis.jpg

2016 Four Wheel - Fleet, 2009 Toyota Tacoma TRD - https://www.flickr.c...sertdustimages/

#15 krs1

krs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:03 AM

Nice I'm hoping mine can fit and give me a few years of good camping while I save for a fwc

#16 krs1

krs1

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 03 August 2016 - 05:04 AM

So how do you post pics on here so I can post my progress?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users