• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#51 flinchlock

flinchlock

• Members
  • 424 posts
  • LocationKalamazoo, MI

Posted 26 July 2017 - 02:03 PM

As John Cleese said, "and now for something completely different"...

http://www.popularme...camping-chairs/ (July 21, 2017)

'08 ATC Cougar (built 06/16/08)
# of nights in camper: '08=15, '12=21,'13=16, '14=10, '15=52, '16=11, '17=20 (equals 145)

#52 Squatch

Squatch

• Members
  • 1,281 posts
  • LocationOn the wrong side of the mountains!

Posted 27 July 2017 - 07:00 PM

has anyone tried the GCI Freestyle Rocker?  A friend had one last weekend and it seemed pretty comfortable and well built.  Prices seem to be all over the place based on a quick search of the Googles $50-$70/each.

37060-1-front.jpg

I've got 2 GCI tall directors chairs. Pretty much the same thing without the rocker function and with a decent fold down side table. I like them very much. They fold flat to pack and are way strong and well built. When not camping they see constant porch use.

#53 Stitch

Stitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPeyton, Colorado

Posted 03 August 2017 - 07:49 PM

Kermit Chair with extensions. Packs pretty small, easy to set up (no tools) and very comfortable. The extensions help if you are tall, suffer from knee issues or you just want to sit at a normal height camp table for dinner. They make a wide version, if you need more room.
2004 Hallmark Guanella on a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

#54 DavidGraves

DavidGraves

• Members
  • 1,267 posts

Posted 04 August 2017 - 03:25 PM

Howdy all

I have been waiting on this thread to recognize my very best and most loved camp chair.

Zip Dee awning co makes folding camp chairs that meet my needs better than any other.

We have many years of comfortable use out of one set and even use them at home on the porch.

They are bomb proof, very comfortable and fold to about 2 inches thick.

Try one !

David Graves

North Oregon Coast 

#55 Ramblinman

Ramblinman

• Members
  • 506 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 07 August 2017 - 08:36 PM

I too am looking for a new chair - I really like the strong back chair but they only seem to last one season in baja. The sand binds on the sliding mechanism and bends the supports. Also it makes for a frustrating when packing up - the chairs will not collapse. Costco will be the vendor of choice because of the great return policy.

#56 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 August 2017 - 09:45 PM

The GCI Pico chair has been my first choice, because it is reasonably comfortable and folds to a nice compact size.   That said, on the last outing, I leaned over and had a cast aluminum part shear.   No way to jury rig it.  

I am thinking about a Kermit with leg extensions.

I am haunted by waters

#57 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,594 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:07 PM

The GCI Pico chair has been my first choice, because it is reasonably comfortable and folds to a nice compact size.   That said, on the last outing, I leaned over and had a cast aluminum part shear.   No way to jury rig it.  

I am thinking about a Kermit with leg extensions.

I hope everyone was correct about the Kermit. It's now on order in a 'stylish' burgundy.

I am haunted by waters

#58 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 15 August 2017 - 08:26 PM

Just got back from a month long trip and got a chance to test out my Eno chair. Outside of the fact that it's a little hard for an old man to get up out of, it's great and is my new favorite chair.

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

#59 Stitch

Stitch

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 31 posts
  • LocationPeyton, Colorado

Posted 15 August 2017 - 09:38 PM

I hope everyone was correct about the Kermit. It's now on order in a 'stylish' burgundy.

That's a shame... "navy" is actually the "stylish" color. At least it is for me ; )

Hope that you like it, WS. The first time putting it together might feel a little tight, but it sets in real nice and gets easier after that first go. The extensions are paired as two different sizes, which means you can move the longer pair to the back legs if you want to sit more upright for eating at a table or reversed for a more reclined approach whilst enjoying a campfire and adult beverage.
2004 Hallmark Guanella on a 2001 Dodge Ram 2500 CTD

#60 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationLA and San Diego

Posted 17 August 2017 - 04:00 PM

Kermit is a bit spendy but it will be the last chair you'll buy. I took the cup holders off my strongbacks and used the existing screws in the Kermit it works better than those delicate $20 Kermit versions

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users