• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

#41 hebegebe

hebegebe

• Members
  • 234 posts
  • LocationLA and San Diego

Posted 03 November 2016 - 07:14 PM

Paul you can get "no parking" embroidered on chair back for 12 bucks!

Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

#42 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,615 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 04 November 2016 - 04:45 AM

Paul you can get "no parking" embroidered on chair back for 12 bucks!
Sent from my iPhone using Wander The West

Got my original two uncomfortable camp chairs for $10 total on sale. Having a hard time getting used to running with the classy chair crowd. :)

Paul
I thought getting old would take longer.

#43 Gussie

Gussie

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationDunsmuir, California, USA

Posted 20 February 2017 - 09:07 PM

I've got both the cheap Director's chairs (comfy but bulky) and the Kermit (setup's not too bad, once you get the hang of it).

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm still in search of the 'perfect' picking and grinnin chair for guitar... one with no arms (sort of a Venus d'Milo chair ; )

Tried the REI Hang Time chair, but it had a hard time staying assembled when I sat in it. The guitar chair I seek needs to have a reasonable height, be strong and have no (or real low) arms...

"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." (Oscar Wilde)

2016 ATC Bobcat on a 2023 Tacoma Off-Road

#44 MuleHawk

MuleHawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 87 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 21 February 2017 - 02:50 AM

I love our REI Flex Lite Chairs. Small enough to take with you anywhere

#45 NRVhawk

NRVhawk

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 65 posts

Posted 23 February 2017 - 02:13 PM

I don't mean to hijack this thread, but I'm still in search of the 'perfect' picking and grinnin chair for guitar... one with no arms (sort of a Venus d'Milo chair ; )

Tried the REI Hang Time chair, but it had a hard time staying assembled when I sat in it. The guitar chair I seek needs to have a reasonable height, be strong and have no (or real low) arms...

Hey Gussie, you might try the Quik-Fold chair made by Adams Manufacturing (https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B000NV0OJI).  I have four that I pack whenever I'll be camping with a bunch of musicians.  They're light, inexpensive, and moderately strong (rated for 250 lbs).   Their best attribute is that they hold you in a good upright posture that's comfortable for playing guitar (or banjo, mando, etc).   The main downside is that they don't nest together very well when folded up, so they take a fair amount of space when packed.

I notice that the reviews on amazon are mixed, particularly with regards to strength.  I've had mine about fifteen years and had no problems, but maybe the newer ones have changed.

Rusty

New River Valley, VA

#46 Gussie

Gussie

• Members
  • 106 posts
  • LocationDunsmuir, California, USA

Posted 10 March 2017 - 02:54 PM

Hey Gussie, you might try the Quik-Fold chair made by Adams Manufacturing (https://www.amazon.c...r/dp/B000NV0OJI). I have four that I pack whenever I'll be camping with a bunch of musicians. They're light, inexpensive, and moderately strong (rated for 250 lbs). Their best attribute is that they hold you in a good upright posture that's comfortable for playing guitar (or banjo, mando, etc). The main downside is that they don't nest together very well when folded up, so they take a fair amount of space when packed.

I notice that the reviews on amazon are mixed, particularly with regards to strength. I've had mine about fifteen years and had no problems, but maybe the newer ones have changed.

Thanks for the tip, NRVhawk. After looking for a one-chair solution, maybe I'll try this one and bring a comfy arm chair too.
"We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars." (Oscar Wilde)

2016 ATC Bobcat on a 2023 Tacoma Off-Road

#47 Cayuse

Cayuse

• Members
  • 771 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 11 July 2017 - 11:07 PM

has anyone tried the GCI Freestyle Rocker?  A friend had one last weekend and it seemed pretty comfortable and well built.  Prices seem to be all over the place based on a quick search of the Googles $50-$70/each.

37060-1-front.jpg

2002 Grandby, 2008 Tundra Double Cab
Off Road Utility Trailer
Not enough time to go exploring.

#48 Bill D

Bill D

• Members
  • 981 posts
  • LocationEdmonton, Alberta, Canada

Posted 12 July 2017 - 03:04 AM

has anyone tried the GCI Freestyle Rocker?  A friend had one last weekend and it seemed pretty comfortable and well built.  Prices seem to be all over the place based on a quick search of the Googles $50-$70/each.

37060-1-front.jpg

I have 4 chairs that are extremely similar without the rocking part.  Awesome design.  Extremely strong.

I've had them for 5+ years now and have used them many 100's of times.  They are just as good as day 1.

BTW, I'm a solid 300# and my GF is 140# and she's climbed on top/sat on my leg etc. many times.  Often, she will sit side to side and lounge and the solid design has no issue with that either.

If you can get one for $50, I'd say go for it.  If you don't need the rocking portion, you could get a similar style directors chair for $20.

Edit: BTW did you notice on your Amazon link all the reviews.  84% are 5 star.  looks like a winner to me.  That's way too many reviews to be fake.

Edited by Bill D, 12 July 2017 - 03:15 AM.

#49 TrapperMike

TrapperMike

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 74 posts
  • LocationNW Wisconsin

Posted 12 July 2017 - 11:51 AM

I have the Odyssey Trek chairs which are well built, comfortable, and pack up nicely.  They are a knock-off of the Helinox Beach chairs that REI sells, but at a much more affordable price.

Attached Thumbnails

• Odyssey Trek Chair.jpg

2016 FWC Hawk Shell

2011 Chev Silverado 1500 4x4 ext cab

2018 Chev Silverado 2500 4x4 ext cab 

Super Springs

Helwig Sway Bar

#50 Stalking Light

Stalking Light

Feral Grandpa

• Members
  • 1,481 posts
  • LocationLand of grits and gravy

Posted 12 July 2017 - 01:02 PM

I have a Helinox that I like but I just got an Eno lounger that I think I'm going to really like.

https://www.rei.com/...ounger-dl-chair

Charlie...
Stalking Light
2014 FWC Eagle on 2015 Tacoma Quad Cab Long Bed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users