Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 26 October 2016 - 05:33 AM

Nice rig.......

and a great group of guys up at Alaskan

looking forward to the pics

19 days and 6600 miles to pick up the camper....some trip....

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#12 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,386 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 26 October 2016 - 12:04 PM

Just picked up my new AK 5.5 CO in Winlock, WA.  Met with Bryan Wheat and the whole crew in their new facility.  Impressed with the 20,000 square feet of brightly lit plant and the energized team.  Fun to walk in the saw dust and see firsthand the Alaskans coming together by craftsman.  (Having a challenge adding images to this post.)  

Congrats Linda on the new baby :-).   BTW, do you know what the new camper weighs?  I was trying to find out on the AK website but alas, yours is custom.  Also if you don't mind sharing, what price range are we talking for custom AK?  I see a lot of older ones on the road and they obviously last a long time; as do FWC's and ATC's.

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

#13 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 26 October 2016 - 03:39 PM

Bryan said weight of camper included propane and water (trouble purging the new propane 20lbs, so maybe not completely full)--1273 lbs.  Thanks for the nice comments.  I too can echo your good comments about other companies like FWC.  The AK Camper was on my bucket list.  I am older and so still enjoy the classics like penny loafers.  Alaskans were in my day.  It has a full door for access and really warm and comfortable inside with full hardtop.  Mechanically raises so easier for me.  

#14 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 December 2016 - 02:55 AM

gallery_3329_1076_104141.jpg

gallery_3329_1076_649703.jpg

#15 Ripperj

Ripperj

• Members
  • 239 posts

Posted 07 December 2016 - 05:30 PM

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Enjoy!

#16 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 07 December 2016 - 06:45 PM

Very nice, thanks for sharing. Enjoy!

I'll second that...nice looking interior....1/2 ton pickup and big enough for 1 or 2.....and 6000 + on the first trip.  I'm interested in how you found the short camper for comfort on the trip back....

with some of the economical 1/2 ton engines these days.....that might be a consideration.....the only reason for a 3/4 ton is the weight of a 10'r....

BTW....there are alot of "penny loafer types" here ;)

Edited by Rusty, 07 December 2016 - 06:48 PM.

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#17 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 07 December 2016 - 08:06 PM

Thanks all, I am in the right place here.  I appologize for the images and my challenge to get them posted here vs. the gallery.  I have more images to include the new factory in Winlock. I will share once I figure this out.  My half ton has BFG KO2 ten-ply tires and Timbren suspension enhancers/rear.  I will be doing more to stiffen front end suspension--slight "porpoise" in the ride.  I am 5'7" (shorter a bit than this/I am shrinking); I could use the lower bunk to sleep at an angle/very comfortable.  I did this to stay close to my senior Golden with his nose through the joining window. The upper bed is 55 in X 81 in nice soft leather mattress.  

#18 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,596 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 07 December 2016 - 09:16 PM

Thanks all, I am in the right place here.  I appologize for the images and my challenge to get them posted here vs. the gallery.  I have more images to include the new factory in Winlock. I will share once I figure this out.  My half ton has BFG KO2 ten-ply tires and Timbren suspension enhancers/rear.  I will be doing more to stiffen front end suspension--slight "porpoise" in the ride.  I am 5'7" (shorter a bit than this/I am shrinking); I could use the lower bunk to sleep at an angle/very comfortable.  I did this to stay close to my senior Golden with his nose through the joining window. The upper bed is 55 in X 81 in nice soft leather mattress.

Linda, this might help with the photos...

http://www.wanderthe...ts-and-gallery/

I am haunted by waters

#19 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 08 December 2016 - 12:21 AM

Thank you Wandering Sagebrush.  This is a great help.  Part of the problem is the size of my images some of which are tif.  My interior images came from gallery by linking.  I will get this yet.  Appreciate your help.

#20 Linda N

Linda N

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 40 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 09 December 2016 - 07:25 PM

gallery_3329_1076_1047170.jpg

Alaskan Camper Factory, Winlock, Washington 2016

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users