Would You....?

Tomas Tierra

Contributors
Would you ever loan out your Camper??

We are going to a fairly remote spot to take part in a small Wedding of great friends.4 couples, 2 trucks. Everyone will be camping. 2 couples will be in tents,and the other 2 couples (bride/groom, muself/wife) will be sleeping:)confused:) in either the back of a pick up, OR IN MY CAMPER.

Question is: do I give up my Camper to my buddy and his new bride and sleep in the pickup(with shell)??:confused:

signed,
I want the camper!

I vote...

No.

After all if your buddy wanted a wedding "in the rough" - he already knew what he was getting in to.

That's my 2 cents.

I would say no. They should be more at ease and comfortable with their own tent or whatever set up. Unless you buddy ask to borrow the camper.

TT,

I also say no, if they want that type of comfort they should have chosen a different setting for their wedding. Maybe buy them a good air mattress if they don't have one.

Would you ever loan out your Camper??

We are going to a fairly remote spot to take part in a small Wedding of great friends.4 couples, 2 trucks. Everyone will be camping. 2 couples will be in tents,and the other 2 couples (bride/groom, muself/wife) will be sleeping:)confused:) in either the back of a pick up, OR IN MY CAMPER.

Question is: do I give up my Camper to my buddy and his new bride and sleep in the pickup(with shell)??:confused:

signed,
I want the camper!

Tomas you all ready answered the question. Sleep in your own camper and see where they will sleep. Suggest a large tent to them or they or you could chip in on a rental. I would be sleeping in my own camper!

Rent It

you could chip in on a rental. I would be sleeping in my own camper!

Patrick's suggestion of a rental is good. I think a pop-up tent trailer--around here--rents for about $500/week.

Granted, that's a lot, but less than repairs.

Get them the nicest pickup bed air mattress you can find as a wedding gift. Then get the deluxe air matress repair kit and pump. Then tell them to park far away so you don't have to listen to newlyweds sealing the deal, causing a leak and trying to repair it at night. Sleep tight and sound in your own camper. Post pics of this wilderness wedding.:D:thumb:

Definitely sleep in it yourself. Unless they've expressed serious interest in buying their own, then I might consider letting them have a test sleep.

The board has spoken..

Truth is, they have lept in the camper(guest room:thumb:) before in the driveway. And they love it(duh)

A tent trailer doesn't want to go where we are going.

Brett 13 and I think alike..exactly what I was planning. a couple of hundred yards up the road with as much padding in the back of the pickup as possible:D..the camper will be the base in the middle of camp, so having the Nweds there would not be to smart..

Thanks all, more input welcome..

TT (aka, I want the camper)

The Wedding..

Weather was perfect. Went off without a hitch. Never saw another person for 3 days.

The Newlyweds ended up sleepin on a futon matress out under the stars at the wedding site(1/2 mile up the road from camp)

A few pics:

Attachments

• DSCN3050.jpg
    DSCN3050.jpg
    63.8 KB · Views: 208
Back
Top Bottom