• Please log in to reply
51 replies to this topic

#21 thethrillofspeed

thethrillofspeed

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 11 February 2009 - 09:56 PM

I haul my extra water in a plastic diesel can. Same thing as the red gas cans at walmart, but it is yellow and since I don't have a diesel the only thing I will put in it is water. Much more heavy duty than the water jugs they sell and they have a nice pour hose and a vent for easy filling.

#22 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 11 February 2009 - 10:58 PM

Igot a couple of these at WallyWorld for $15. They holld 7 gallons and work great.

Attached Thumbnails

• 499221.jpg

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#23 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 12 February 2009 - 02:39 AM

Igot a couple of these at WallyWorld for $15. They holld 7 gallons and work great.

These things leak! See the breather hole? When the rig rocks or bounces around off road, water sloshes up to that hole and runs down the side. I've had many wet rugs because of those things.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#24 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 12 February 2009 - 09:32 AM

I guess I've been lucky no leaks.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#25 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 13 February 2009 - 07:59 AM

Or I got unlucky:(
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#26 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 13 February 2009 - 08:42 PM

You're starting sound like Salty.. The Dodge has been to Saline 3 times and the KOFA's twice. Whats a little water among friends.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#27 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 13 February 2009 - 10:09 PM

Brett13, i agree with you i have 2- 5 gal,2 -7 gal (like jays) and mine all leak on the road trail and when they are setting in position to use spout,so now they set in my garage.since we drink a lot of juice i have for the past year been saving and using "Langer "brand or also Costco brand apple juice 1 gal bottles,heavy duty plastic,took awhile to get it figured out as to where to store but once i did i have had two trips to saline valley with no spills or breaks,and that is with the bottles sometimes ending up side down!.of course i always use my metal 5 gal igloo container as my fail safe water carrier!(30 +years and still going strong)
You have to remember Jay drives a Dodge so he really do not get to go on very rough roads,if he was still driving his vw or bronco his would leak to!
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"
Les,Lqhikers

Jay, this is a tough crowd. Even Les is bashing Dodges.

I've had several water jugs with a spout and breather hole. They always travel standing on end, with both holes at the top, and secured so as not to fall over. One way to avoid leakage while travelling is to fill them with just a little less than the maximum amount of water.

#28 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 14 February 2009 - 01:14 AM

I hear you Les. Our state controller recently spent $2 million on new office furniture. Our state legislatures are unwilling to accept a pay cut, reduction in outrageous per Diem reimbursements, or an IOU from the state. However, they're more than willing to cut funding for schools, force state workers to take unpaid days off, and give use tax payers IOU's for any refund we may be do, while at the same time consider raising taxes and running even more business out of California. What a bunch of *CENSORED* hypocrites. At least my state senator, Able Maldonado, is trying to publicize some of the corruption in Sacramento.

To add something to the water container question, I also carry a bunch of 1/2 liter bottles which I can fit in a lot of little spaces. I easily have about 2-3 gallons worth of water squirreled away in the camper and cab, while not taking space away from other storage.

#29 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 14 February 2009 - 09:23 AM

Ed,
I just thought everyone didn't fill the jug up to the brim but now you've exposed them. I'm used to working a tough room.

Les,
Cheer up my pension is dependent on CalPers. Can you say nervous?

We've been freezing water in half gallon orange juice bottles for years now for our block ice. I'm sure others here do the same. Do I have to state the obvious on filling them before freezing?

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#30 browndog

browndog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 15 March 2009 - 02:50 PM

New to this forum so here goes first post. I hunt so need extra water for dog and dogs at times and the below is what a friend saw that writes articles for Retriever Journal. This works well.

You might consider insulating. These obviously will freeze in winter. There are ways around this too.

Just run the hose down to the outside hook up for the camper water.

I am planning to add this to the top of the camper (once I find one - late model Hawk - seem to be second in line when I call).

http://www.northernf...atercarrier.htm

Paul
2003 Ford F350 Powerstroke Crew Cab Long Bed 1856 Phowler jon boat with 36 hp Pro-Drive mud motor Rokon Trail-Breaker 2007 Grandby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users