41 replies to this topic

#11 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 29 January 2009 - 02:27 AM

Because it's only about 32 miles from my house, and there's a short rock garden one must traverse to reach the two camp sites at Lazy Camp, which keeps out the partiers whom may be just a mile away at Wagon Flat during long weekends, Lazy Camp is one of my favorites.

The picture doesn't do justice to the road. I was in low range and this was where I felt comfortable enough to get out and take a picture before entering the rock garden as I headed out. Closing the driver's side door at that angle was almost a chore.

I've done many one night trips to both Lazy Camp and Wagon flat without seeing another sole. Other times the road is swarmed by motor cycle riders.

Attached Thumbnails

• 2007-03-24 04s.jpg

#12 Sportsman Matt

Sportsman Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 03:43 AM

Howdy all, My favorite campground is Indian Hollow Campground run by the Army Corp of Engineers here in Massachusetts. Designed for large groups, it's 2 large fields with flush toilets and hot showers. Downfall is you need a group to reserve it.

My second favorite place is the Dry River Campground in Crawford Notch NH. Very rustic, no hook ups, honor system payment on arrival or pre register online. Hot Showers are $.25 per 3 minutes, Quarters only, Full restrooms with hot water and laundry room with coin operated machines. really clean, and you can get a truck camper or small trailer in there no problem.
Fly Fishing the North East, New England, and Eventually the world.

#13 georgem

georgem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:38 AM

Ed,

Have you tried Aliso Canyon out just before New Cuyama? There's a nice little campground just on the edge of the national forest. It's not exactly a secret since is has obvious use, but its pretty quick and simple to get to. Then you're pretty close to New Cuyama in case you need to head into town for a good time at the Buckhorn:p
George 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4, ATC Panther

#14 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

I guess you read the latest rule for the Hog Festival, well you only need 81 more to qualify for your pig ticket, 5 or 5 posts a day will get you there.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#15 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:52 AM

I guess you read the latest rule for the Hog Festival, well you only need 81 more to qualify for your pig ticket, 5 or 5 posts a day will get you there.

LOL you are incessant. "Pig Ticket" :P

#16 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 29 January 2009 - 04:57 AM

LOL you are incessant. "Pig Ticket" :P

So if he double post he will get there faster:D:D:D

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#17 georgem

georgem

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 77 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:03 AM

So, with these 'fishy' rules, if I get 81 more posts (only 80 more now) do I get to come early and stay late?:D
George 2005 Nissan Titan 4x4, ATC Panther

#18 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:07 AM

Bout an hour ago I stepped on my glasses, I popped out one of the lenses, I can't get it to stay back in, so I've been trying to make these posts with my left hand over my left eye, while I'm typing with my right hand, it's really not working very well, I can't see the edit button so I can fix all my mistakes, I gotta give this up for now, I think I might go blind.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#19 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,775 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:15 AM

That would be a great video to watch…run out to the shop and weld a wire bead around it.:D:D

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#20 Tomas Tierra

Tomas Tierra

• Members
  • 1,071 posts
  • LocationHollywood Beach, Alta California

Posted 29 January 2009 - 05:17 AM

Have another Cinnamon Roll, you'll be fine...
Was, 1988 Toyota custom cab 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1995 Toyota T-100 4by with 1984 fwc Fleet
Then,1993 Toyota T-100 longbed 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
Then, 2002 Toyota Tundra AC 4by with 2002 fwc Ranger
NOW, 2005 TOYOTA TUNDRA DOUBLE CAB 4x4 WITH 2001 FWC HAWK EXT

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users