110 replies to this topic

#111 camsf

camsf

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 33 posts

Posted 21 February 2022 - 04:25 PM

Came across this thread and your brilliant insulation pack. Curious if you've had issues with the material getting wet and freezing over on multiple day cold weather outings. 

On a related note I was at -15+ in Wyoming last month and had neglected to drain my water system on new Fleet. Never had burst pipe issues on my old Eagle in subzero temps but in Fleet the main distribution pvc pipe cracked (easy fix). Of course the propane froze solid as well. Slept with top down and I have Reflectix insulation everywhere but it was a cold night and the inside of my cab was frosted over (as was I). 

Here are some photos from the finished product. Custom insulation pack made from WarmWindow material plus blackout fabric, snapped into walls and velcro into sideliner "canvas." Almost all walls are covered, including the door. It is extremely effective. Also keeps condensation down on the sideliner canvas because the air next to it is not as warm. Had to hire a seamstress with a large sewing machine, and then used the snap press at a fabric store.

With a Camco Olympian Wave 6 heater, my FWC Ranger 2 is very comfortable all the way down to 0F, and hardly uses any propane.

Side note: Custom Cobalt-blue cushions are separable for sofa-like bench comfort and storage.

attachicon.gifIMG_0272.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0273.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0274.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0276.jpgattachicon.gifIMG_0277.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users