• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 Jack

Jack

• Members
  • 410 posts
  • LocationPortland OR

Posted 08 March 2009 - 07:19 PM

We have the stock Eagle cooktop (first picture). The main problem is that it is designed for two 3qt sauce pots. A 10" fry pan can not be centered over the burner. The flame adjustment is also poor. For cleaning, we just removed the clips on the rack so that it just comes out, since the lid did a nice job of keeping it in place even on the worst of roads.

Does anyone have experience with the Wedgewood (2nd picture), Atwood, Suburban or other 2-burner cooktops? These seem to at least solve the fry pan problem. How are they for flame adjustment and cleaning?

Attached Thumbnails

• Stove.jpg
  • Wedgewood.jpg

2015 Fleet on 2019 Ranger

#2 marc

marc

Fire Proof

• Members
  • 1,121 posts
  • LocationSouth Shores California

Posted 08 March 2009 - 08:52 PM

Jack,

I have the Wedgewood I believe in my ATC Couger and it works great.

marc

2016 Sprinter Silver Gray 144 Std. Roof 4x4. 3.0 diesle, Cooper "Dicoverer" ST Maxx 255/85/16

#3 bobg333

bobg333

• Members
  • 123 posts

Posted 09 March 2009 - 04:25 PM

It sounds like you are maybe a more attentive cook than i am but my wife and i just got back from 4 weeks in Baja mostly cooking in the camper on the same cooktop you have. We used a 10" frypan and when necessary "cheated" an addl pot in next to it on the adjacent burner with a flamespreader under it which seemed to work OK. Our flame adjustment is acceptable which suggests that perhaps yours could be adjusted. I do not have any experience with the other cooktops you showed. Suburban makes some three-burner models which might handle the 10" pan.

Former Grandby owner

#4 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 09 March 2009 - 05:06 PM

We have the stock Eagle cooktop (first picture).

Looks like what I have, a Travelstar by Atwood, 302-20. I need a new valve for one burner and can't seem to find one. If you do go for something else I'll buy your spares:) Ebay has new cootops like you are looking t for $100 delivered.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#5 Chel

Chel

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 03:15 AM

The stock Suburban 2 burner in my 2008 Hawk works great. It is a little fussy about adjustment to low simmer but holds a very low flame nicely. A 10" fry pan fits OK with a 2 L saucepan on the other burner.
2008 Tundra Doublecab SR5 TRD, 5.7 V8, helper springs; 2008 FWC Hawk; Yakima Tracks/ Control Towers roof rack, Yakima Swingdaddy hitch rack; Champion Covers bicycle cover.

#6 winter200

winter200

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 83 posts

Posted 10 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

Would you gain much more room with the wedgewood? Are the burners bigger on the wedgewood? Your flame problem could be a bad regulator!
86 Keystone Chev. 2500 HD CCSB Duramax

#7 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 11 March 2009 - 01:38 AM

I just ordered a flush fitting 2 burner but they make a three burner that would give you more room for the fry pan if that is what you desire.

Posted Image
Posted Image

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#8 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:56 AM

I just ordered a flush fitting 2 burner but they make a three burner that would give you more room for the fry pan if that is what you desire.

Posted Image
Posted Image

Looks really nice, where did you get it?

#9 oly884

oly884

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 11 March 2009 - 03:11 AM

That's the stove I have.

I really like it though I have no experience with the factory stove.

Pics:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
2004 Toyota Tacoma Extra Cab V-6 255/85/R16's Engel 45 fridge 2006 FWC Eagle shell Fold out bed, heater, arctic pack, 50 watt solar panel. Custom stove and cabinets.

#10 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 11 March 2009 - 02:47 PM

Looks really nice, where did you get it?

I really liked the idea of getting these covered flush mount units to maximize use able counter space (ie the stove isn't in use that often so being able to use it as counter space in the meantime seemed like a big bonus). Took me a while to figure out who manufactured these but the name your looking for is SMEV. State side a company called AeryCorp who distributes for them and sells via ebay under that name, they have buy it now sales available most of the time but if you are patient you can get a better deal in the auctions they run.

Posted Image
Posted Image

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users