#11 Scootr74

Scootr74

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 62 posts
  • LocationSan Diego, CA

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:01 PM

Pods8 - really neat range. Thanks for the info!

#12 Alex

Alex

• Members
  • 241 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 11 March 2009 - 05:52 PM

Pods8, thanks for the info!
Did you replace the stock 2 burner with the SMEV? Does the stock opening fit the SMEV 2 burners? I'm very tempted to do the swap to get the counter top space back. Thanks again for the great find.

#13 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,558 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 11 March 2009 - 06:30 PM

Pods8, thanks for the info!
Did you replace the stock 2 burner with the SMEV? Does the stock opening fit the SMEV 2 burners? I'm very tempted to do the swap to get the counter top space back. Thanks again for the great find.

Its a more convoluted path than that. A couple weeks ago I moved the cooktop above the fridge, so it wouldn't be under the bed pullout I built, to see how I liked that (I did). I need to replace the counter top to fix the cutout where the old stove was (right now the cut out from the new location is affixed in that spot with some wood cross braces underneath to seal up the hole temporarily). Additionally my counter has some water damage so I didn't mind needing to replace it. I also wanted a cover for the stove (protect the pop up material as a flame screeen and have a flat spot to set things on) anyways which was going to cost a few bucks so I just spent a little more for the new stove too. So when the new stove (and sink) get here I'll build a new counter top to install them fresh.

Details of my ever evolving progress are here: http://wanderthewest...p?t=1789&page=3

Posted Image

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users