14 replies to this topic

#1 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 16 March 2009 - 08:59 PM

This afternoon I passed a 1st gen Salsa Red Tundra DC heading South on Hwy 24 towards Leadville near Redcliff that was hauling either an FWC Hawk or Eagle that looked just like my truck/rig. (This was above the switchback by the Gold Park/Homestake turnoff/cherry-stem into Holy Cross wilderness).

I saw him heading up the hill and I pointed at his rig with my thumb up (a.k.a. flashing the FWC gang sign) as we passed.

He didn't really wave...but I saw this jaw open/agasp and that look of "hey...um...wah...yea...um....holy s*** that looks JUST LIKE MY TRUCK" on his face that was unmistakable.... :thumb:

nice looking rig...nyuk..nyuk...:D

mtn

#2 Puffins

Puffins

• Members
  • 185 posts
  • LocationJackson County OR

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:17 PM

I know the feeling. A gold GMC with a hawk lives around me somewhere. I have yet to actually make contact.
Mike Where are we going, and why am I in this hand basket? (Had 95 Hawk on a)06 Chevy 2500HD Crew Duramax 02 Nash 19B State of Jefferson Refugee

#3 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:25 PM

Many years ago when I had a few Porches it would drive me crazy when you would pass one and they would wave or flash their lights. At first i thought it was because I had a 356 Cabriolet and it was a bit rare. However the same was true when I had my 912 and 911 Targa. My wife asked why I didn't wave back. I said if I drove a Buick I wouldn't so whats the dif. Porches were like A$$ Hol3$ everybody had one.

So tell my why do I get so excited when I see a FWC or ATC on the road? Of course now I have to live with the indignity of my wife telling "hey just because they have a FWC why do you wave? If it were a Lance would you wave?"

My point is I know just how you feel. But at least Pam knows the difference between a FWC and a goiter I mean a Lance.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#4 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:36 PM

Many years ago when I had a few Porches it would drive me crazy when you would pass one and they would wave or flash their lights. At first i thought it was because I had a 356 Cabriolet and it was a bit rare. However the same was true when I had my 912 and 911 Targa. My wife asked why I didn't wave back. I said if I drove a Buick I wouldn't so whats the dif. Porches were like A$$ Hol3$ everybody had one.

So tell my why do I get so excited when I see a FWC or ATC on the road? Of course now I have to live with the indignity of my wife telling "hey just because they have a FWC why do you wave? If it were a Lance would you wave?"

My point is I know just how you feel. But at least Pam knows the difference between a FWC and a goiter I mean a Lance.

Now, I get the connection for me it was 1967: 912 1977: 930 Euro. the one I should have kept
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#5 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:40 PM

Because FWC/ATC's are special. Porches not so much. You don't know if the other Porche driver is a big fan or a big douche trying to show off. They may have earned their money the hard way, or pushed mortgage securities on small banks. That other Porche might even be an....automatic.. *gasp*

BUT, you do know that the other FWC/ATC owner loves the outdoors and somehow stumbled upon the best camper/rig combo out there for those who really like to get out there. At least you have that much in common. And it's a small club, unlike car owners.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#6 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:53 PM

Because FWC/ATC's are special. Porches not so much. You don't know if the other Porche driver is a big fan or a big douche trying to show off. They may have earned their money the hard way, or pushed mortgage securities on small banks. That other Porche might even be an....automatic.. *gasp*

BUT, you do know that the other FWC/ATC owner loves the outdoors and somehow stumbled upon the best camper/rig combo out there for those who really like to get out there. At least you have that much in common. And it's a small club, unlike car owners.

It depended which Porsche you had, when I had the 930, I didn't care what people thought, all they ever saw was the ass end anyway. As far as douche bags and 4 Wheel Campers go, I can say for sure that I know a DB who has one.
"I WANT TO DIE IN MY SLEEP LIKE MY GRANDFATHER, NOT SCREAMING IN TERROR LIKE THE REST OF THE PEOPLE IN HIS CAR''

#7 mtn-high

mtn-high

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 16 March 2009 - 09:57 PM

My wife always laughs at the Sugar-daddy's (it's Vail, after all) when they are sportin'/showing off their "50 thousand dollar Pen*s" (50K for Porsche...the Lambi's and the Ferraris get the more exclusive 100K tag...LOL)

:rolleyes:

BTW, I never wave at the Lance's on the road because I always mistake 'em for a BUS! (not to mention that the guy is usally taking up half of my lane so I'm looking more at the ditch/for an exit point than his rig):eek:

Ya know when ya see that slim profile it's an ATC or an FWC!

mtn

#8 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:06 PM

My wife always laughs at the Sugar-daddy's (it's Vail, after all) when they are sportin'/showing off their "50 thousand dollar Pen*s" (50K for Porsche...the Lambi's and the Ferraris get the more exclusive 100K tag...LOL)

:rolleyes:

BTW, I never wave at the Lance's on the road because I always mistake 'em for a BUS! (not to mention that the guy is usally taking up half of my lane so I'm looking more at the ditch/for an exit point than his rig):eek:

Ya know when ya see that slim profile it's an ATC or an FWC!

mtn

Tell me where you shop, new 911 $125,000 min.

#9 mtn-high

mtn-high

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:34 PM

Forgive me if I'm not current on the "rising" costs of *Male Enhancement*, fisherman!

However, no matter what it costs, after 25 years of seeing the part-time Richie-Rich's acting out as if they own the place in such vehics
--- I'm >>still<< not impressed!

As the saying goes around here...

"if you have to ask what it costs you can't really afford it..."

cha-ching...cha-ching

mtn

#10 the fisherman

the fisherman

Big Time

• Members
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 March 2009 - 10:39 PM

Forgive me if I'm not current on the "rising" costs of *Male Enhancement*, fisherman!

However, no matter what it costs, after 25 years of seeing the part-time Richie-Rich's acting out as if they own the place in such vehics
--- I'm >>still<< not impressed!

As the saying goes around here...

"if you have to ask what it costs you can't really afford it..."

cha-ching...cha-ching

mtn

I don't know or care how they got theirs, but I got my the old fashioned way, I worked for it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users