• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

#41 ExSwat

ExSwat

• Members
  • Pip
  • 7 posts

Posted 09 March 2024 - 04:25 PM

I have a 2022 Hawk...the hot water heater and outside hot shower is the BEST money I EVER spent...being able to take a hot shower after hiking and hunting is a game changer.

#42 BigRanchInSky

BigRanchInSky

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 45 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 14 March 2024 - 06:48 PM

being able to take a hot shower after hiking ... is a game changer. 

Oh Yeah, this is the way.

We run a bunch. And hike a bunch. So we get downright filthy. So we both enjoy a nice quick rinse every day. And we're usually within a water source every few days, so fill-ups are easy because we plan on them anyway. Even if I didn't use the shower it's a dealbreaker for my spouse to get a shower every day. No Shower=Me camping alone.

Many an evening for us spent relaxing, listening to the coyotes sing as we sip wine and say to ourselves "that was a great shower."

This will be the 5th year coming up and I hope and pray the heater/shower unit keeps working as we absolutely love it.

#43 Jon R

Jon R

• Members
  • 933 posts
  • LocationWashington State

Posted 17 March 2024 - 02:38 PM

“Being able to take a hot shower after hiking … is a game changer”.

I fully agree with this, but a water heater is not the only way to achieve this. To me the question is whether you want to buy, house, and maintain a camper water heater for this and for dish washing versus heating it on a stove and using a shower bag or a pitcher for dishwashing. My wife likes the running hot water at the flip of a switch, but is ok with me otherwise setting her up. I would have foregone the water heater and heated water on a stove when I needed it. As long as I set her up with warm shower water and adequate privacy, she’s happy.

Jon R

2021 Grandby Slide-in Front Dinette

2021 GMC 3500HD CC LB SRW Gas

1993 Chevrolet K2500 Ext Cab LB

#44 superduty

superduty

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts

Posted 07 April 2024 - 01:31 AM

Oh Yeah, this is the way.

We run a bunch. And hike a bunch. So we get downright filthy. So we both enjoy a nice quick rinse every day. And we're usually within a water source every few days, so fill-ups are easy because we plan on them anyway. Even if I didn't use the shower it's a dealbreaker for my spouse to get a shower every day. No Shower=Me camping alone.

Many an evening for us spent relaxing, listening to the coyotes sing as we sip wine and say to ourselves "that was a great shower."

This will be the 5th year coming up and I hope and pray the heater/shower unit keeps working as we absolutely love it.

Do you use a shower tent outside, or some other method?

#45 Dipodomys

Dipodomys

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 76 posts

Posted 08 April 2024 - 08:09 PM

We use a shower tent, something I never would have got on my own but it’s pretty great, especially in cooler weather. It keeps the bugs and wind away, and heats up in the sun like a greenhouse. The solar effect makes a shower at the end of the day feel luxurious and un-rushed when it would otherwise be kinda nippy. We actually take two pop-up shelters with us, one for showers and the other for the latrine. I’d rather not bother with the latrine tent, but it makes my wife and teenage daughters more comfortable, which means we get to go on adventures more often. More adventures is ultimately the biggest value for me.

Here’s a link to the pop-up tents we use. I got them for about $30 each as like-new Amazon warehouse deals. https://www.amazon.c...8/dp/B079WBZ1HV

Edited by Dipodomys, 08 April 2024 - 08:14 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users