• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#11 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 12:31 AM

Am I the only one that uses the table that comes with the camper outside? I rarely use it inside, so we stopped carrying the rolltop and just use the stock table.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#12 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:17 PM

Brett,
We use ours as well, mostly outside. But I did stop using the mount screwed to a board for a footing. It was impossible to get the table to be stable on bare ground. We bought a Fiamma tripod leg instead. It works much better, though still not perfect.

#13 keith

keith

• Members
  • 108 posts

Posted 14 May 2009 - 02:41 PM

I replaced our table with a 3/4" thick cutting board we used with the jeep setup. When we take it outside we use a colman folding table 4 leg thingy. It's a little low for cooking, but great as a dinning table with our low camp chairs.
2008 F250 CC SB 6.4L 4x4 / 2009 Hawk FWC

#14 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:55 PM

Brett,
We use ours as well, mostly outside. But I did stop using the mount screwed to a board for a footing. It was impossible to get the table to be stable on bare ground. We bought a Fiamma tripod leg instead. It works much better, though still not perfect.

ooo....I like that idea. Where do you get one and does it accept the same tube upright?
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#15 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:17 PM

Yes, it fit the existing tube. Here are some links to try. The Camping World site says they are sold out. The TJ Trailers place is about $20 lower than anyone else. Seems suspicious but I'd try them first for that price.

http://www.pplmotorh...porta-leggs.htm

http://www.tjtrailer...orta-leggs.html

http://www.mtsrv.com...pexd.asp?id=149

http://reserveameric...m=4405&src=ctcs

#16 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 15 May 2009 - 09:24 PM

We went out today to get a Partner Stove but bought this instead because it was cheaper.

Attached Thumbnails

• 7610-vi.jpg

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#17 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 10:39 PM

@Ted- thanks. Pricey though. Have you tried them inside the camper? I'll have to make sure they fit in the Bobcat.

@Jay- let us know when the BBQ is ready and we'll be right over
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

#18 Alaskan Snowbirds

Alaskan Snowbirds

• Members
  • 263 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 18 May 2009 - 07:47 AM

We went out today to get a Partner Stove but bought this instead because it was cheaper.

Jay, if The Fisherman had that sucker he could throw away his pig box!
Duane & Susan 2007 Dodge 2500 4X4 Hemi - 2008 FWC Grandby

#19 masterplumber

masterplumber

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationColorado

Posted 08 June 2009 - 03:22 AM

I've had one of the tripod leg supports for years & use it with great success. My old '87 came with the leg mount screwed to the floor & right in the way so I took it out & use the tripod setup inside also on the rare occasion that I set up the table inside. I also have one of the Coleman folding stove stands & a piece of plywood that stores under one of the front seat cushions - it makes a great extra table for the bbq\outside stove\water cooler\whatever else needs elevated to a workable height.
Doug

#20 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 30 June 2009 - 05:42 AM

I just tried out this new stove from Partner Steel and thought I would pass on the information. I have used Partner Steel fabrication stoves on river trips for years and they are without a doubt the best I have ever used.
They added a two burner folding stove to their line and I tried one out last week. Great once you get past the sticker shock. They are designed to be used with a full size propane bottle but can be converted to run on disposable cylinders with a little fiddling.
Dsrtrat

Dsrtrat:

My wife wants an outdoor cook stove. Is that the 16 or 18 inch? Any recommendation for which one to get?

Thanks,
SB

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users