• Please log in to reply
34 replies to this topic

#31 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 04 July 2009 - 05:47 AM

Thanx Scott now buy a Buick........or a Hyundai.

I feel very guilty about my Hyundai. I will likely replace it in 2012 with a Jeep. If Buick built trucks....

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#32 Sportsman Matt

Sportsman Matt

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 70 posts

Posted 20 July 2009 - 10:32 PM

I don't know about you folks, but I'm still using my big old green Coleman 2 burner stove from the 1960's. And I know that's not made in china, it's made in the good old USA.

As for the table issue, I just put the tailgate down on the truck and use that. (Funny part the tailgate does multiple things, it's a porch, workbench, countertop, transport for the full trashbags to the campground dumpster, keeps nosey people from trying the door when the tailgate is up in a parking lot, etc.)

Best part about having a camper shorter than the bed was I get to keep the tailgate on the back.

I like the Partner Steel stove, very much out of my price range, but the Big Daddy Frying pan would work fine on my 3 burner stove in the camper.

As for the Buick Trucks, just call your Senator, have him get in touch with Obama, and he'll tell GMC (Government Motors Corporation) to start right on it. :)

Have fun, got the good word (3 day road trip vacation) from the girlfriend, loaded up the camper and headed to New York on vacation this weekend, and be cooking on the Coleman most of the trip.
Fly Fishing the North East, New England, and Eventually the world.

#33 ScottBailey

ScottBailey

• Members
  • 649 posts
  • LocationMesa, AZ

Posted 20 July 2009 - 11:05 PM

I'm happy to report the Partner Steel stove has been on 2 camping trips thus far and works great. My wife reports the burners are easier to adjust than the Coleman's she's recently used.

Scott Bailey -- W7SEB
2007 F350 XLT Diesel CC SRW SB 4x4
Cheap tent and a Partner Steel stove. 
Future? Really like the Hiatus, but I'm broke AF, so dreaming about a DIY.
SOLD: 2008 ATC Panther:dinette, 5th wheel

#34 generubin

generubin

Electric Baja

• Members
  • 626 posts
  • LocationVentura, California

Posted 14 November 2009 - 02:02 AM

I have a Partner stove. I love it. I am sure that when your final day comes, you'll have at least $250 left in the bank. So, you might as well get a bitchin' stove now and enjoy it.

From Baja to the Arctic and all places between!

www.generubinaudio.com

Dodge 4x4 2500 Cummins, 6 spd manual, ATC Ocelot Shell. Tesla Model S, 85KWH, 2018 Tesla Model 3 (3 of them!!)

#35 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 18 November 2009 - 02:03 AM

I have been using the partner stoves for a decade on river trips and they are indestructible but I do have two issues with them.

1. The burners are always a bit too close together. If you use large pots or pans a two burner is really a one burner and a three burner is a two etc....

2. The propane fittings they use. It seems like the guy welding those things didn't want to go shopping so he just reached into the bucket of fittings for his welder and used those. Years ago I built a custom kitchen trailer for a non profit that does rafting trips for people with terminal illnesses called healing waters. I had an aluminum box built and mounted it above the wheel wells, one on each side. When you dropped the lid on one box you kid set up a partner stove on the lid and the other one housed the dish tubs and made a dish station. I don't remember the exact parts anymore since it was in '02 that I built the thing but I had to get several adapters to connect that partner stove to the two full size propane bottles mounted to the front of the trailer.

I'm all for American Made but as in most things American Made they just don't go the extra mile to use standard easily accessible parts. If everyone else is using a standard size propane fitting then so should you.

Maybe partner has fixed that issue by now but it was a real pain in the neck back then. Other than that I love the stoves.

Just my 2 cents.
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users