• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 01 September 2020 - 07:42 PM

I'm with you Ted !!!! It's been two weeks  since our annual family camping trip to a remote lake. I have never seen so many people in this area ever. They left beer cans and trash everywhere, had no respect for others, loud music and more. They had cars parked three and four deep on the launch ramp, you could not even turn your rig around to launch, and when I asked them to move their vehicles so we could launch, they turned mean, I returned the favor with a couple of hand signs. The good thing was by Sunday 9 am, almost most of then gone.

#12 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 03 September 2020 - 03:58 AM

Yup, I’m of the opinion it’s the new world order up/over/down here. Here in Central Oregon we’ve been inundated to various degrees for a little over a year straight. I’ve been doing a little work in the woods to the east of here lately and the woods population of humans is definitely more all week long than years past there too.

What is interesting is the number of long termers/transients hanging on into winter. Used to be once the irrigation districts shut off the main canals in the fall, (there are several here that run across the public domain) people mostly moved on. Last couple of winters the campers/camps have persisted all winter long.

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#13 Kolockum

Kolockum

Still Wandering

• Members
  • 622 posts
  • LocationWashington

Posted 04 September 2020 - 03:37 AM

Interesting. I do believe there are more people full timing it or trying to out of RVs / tiny homes. The tiny house / off grid fad has definitely lead to an increase in people trying in our neck of the woods. 

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

2017 Toyota Tacoma with 2000 FWC Eagle

"The nut behind the wheel is the most important one. Don't forget to snug yourself up every once in a while." John D & ri-f

#14 wishn2bfishn

wishn2bfishn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 September 2020 - 04:10 PM

So I have been researching and pondering a FWC for several years now.  Ive admired the community that this site and others like it consist of.  I picked up my 2016 Hawk yesterday and am excited begin some cool adventures.  I too have seen a huge increase in the numbers of campers in our area.  Its is exciting to be able to pass by the crowds and continue on into better areas.  

#15 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 12 September 2020 - 05:06 PM

So I have been researching and pondering a FWC for several years now.  Ive admired the community that this site and others like it consist of.  I picked up my 2016 Hawk yesterday and am excited begin some cool adventures.  I too have seen a huge increase in the numbers of campers in our area.  Its is exciting to be able to pass by the crowds and continue on into better areas.  

Welcome! Have fun with your new to you camper!

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#16 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 12 September 2020 - 06:20 PM

Welcome to the cult.

Enjoy your camper and stay safe out there.

Pictures required of trips.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#17 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 20 September 2020 - 07:54 PM

Saw this referenced in another forum, re: campers leaving trash.

https://www.washingt.../?itid=hp_world

Interesting response may be worthy of consideration.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#18 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,079 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 20 September 2020 - 09:36 PM

I saw that and sent to my friend in Chiang Mai. I think it's a grand idea!

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#19 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,966 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 21 September 2020 - 12:14 AM

This paragraph from that article caught my eye.... 

Mailing trash to Khao Yai’s offending tourists is not the norm. According to the Bangkok Post, the standard punishment for littering is a fine or jail time. Those caught littering can be fined up to 500,000 baht (about $16,000) and or be held in jail for up to five years per Thailand’s National Park Act.

That's a much greater penalty than I've heard about around here.

#20 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 21 September 2020 - 02:17 AM

Never work here.Some people think it's their right to trash the country.

And don't give a CRAP.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users