Photo
- - - - -

What to look for in a gel memory foam mattress topper for my camper?

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Durango1

Durango1

• Members
  • 532 posts

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:41 PM

X2 on the Froli. I believe we went with the Star. (1 3/4") The Froli is nice because you can switch out the springs depending on your pressure points.

We stayed with the 2018 factory mattress and then a pillowtop topper. We even keep the sheets, light sleeping bag and comforter on top. (We do have the flatbed model.) I have to give the top a little help pulling it down for latching but it works great.

#12 ckent323

ckent323

• Members
  • 1,227 posts
  • LocationSolvang, CA

Posted 12 April 2021 - 08:41 PM

garyr,

Happy to help and I hope it turns out to be suseful info.

Glad you picked up the foam is high-resilience not high density.  Sorry about that.  I edited my earlier comments above to correct that.

Good luck.

I look forward to reading how it works out.

Craig

1993 Dodge Cummins W-250 Club Cab long bed, 2007 FWC Keystone

#13 garyr

garyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:18 AM

We stayed with the 2018 factory mattress and then a pillowtop topper. We even keep the sheets, light sleeping bag and comforter on top. (We do have the flatbed model.) I have to give the top a little help pulling it down for latching but it works great.

Durango1 - How thick is your topper? Less than an inch? Do you believe it makes a worthwhile difference over your 3  inch OEM matress or is it 4 inches with your flatbed?  I'm not sure if the height of the flatbed roof is the same or higher than the slide in on a 2019 model. Nice to know that you felt the Froli was worth it after using it for a while.

#14 garyr

garyr

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

Posted 13 April 2021 - 01:23 AM

garyr,

Happy to help and I hope it turns out to be suseful info.

Glad you picked up the foam is high-resilience not high density.  Sorry about that.  I edited my earlier comments above to correct that.

Good luck.

I look forward to reading how it works out.

Craig

Yeah, actually Erica, at Froli, picked up on the specs being better. She especially thought that particular foam was very well suited to the Traveller. She was trying to compare that foam to the German equivalent, which works very well. Their standards different but she worked out the equivalnet numbers and they were very close.

Gary

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users