26 replies to this topic

#1 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 April 2021 - 08:12 PM

An opening appeared in our new schedule. We could take off, head into Nevada, and spent three nights out. We did just that. Our photos and story on this quick trip is completed and posted to our blog -

Buena Vista Valley, Jersey Valley, Buffalo Valley Nevada - April 2021

We hope you enjoy tagging along with us on this adventure! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#2 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,295 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 25 April 2021 - 11:45 PM

Ski thanks for taking us along on this fun trip.The old buildings you search out and find

are great.It's always amazing to see how people before us have lived off the land.

Thanks and best wishes and a quick recovery on both knees to Julie.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#3 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:11 AM

Hope the knee replacement goes well

#4 allanb

allanb

• Members
  • 193 posts
  • LocationPhysical location N.w. Wa. Spiritual location rocky mtn west

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:11 AM

very nice trip report Ski. Best of luck

#5 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 26 April 2021 - 11:52 AM

As they say on Broadway:  Break a leg, Lady!  Best wishes for the procedure and the recovery.

On a trip report note, I believe we're in the 8th to 10th year of the systematic re-naming of topographic feature names having offensive connotations to Native Americans and all ethnic groups.  Many former "Squaw" features already have new names.  

Foy

#6 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 757 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 01:15 PM

Nice report - great area. Best of luck with the knee surgery. Five years post op on one replacement and we are fortunate to have this type of medical practice to keep us active and out there.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

#7 Missing Link

Missing Link

• Members
  • 507 posts
  • LocationFoothills of the Southern Sierra

Posted 26 April 2021 - 02:19 PM

Thanks for another interesting and nicely photographed trip report.  Please pass our best wishes to Julie on the upcoming surgeries.  Your cousin, "the Big Guy" hit the nail on the head . . . . with all of the hiking that you two do, her knees have earned some reinforcements!  -  R & G 

2017 F150 with 2017 Hawk

#8 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 03:50 PM

The Lady says thanks to everyone for the kind well wishes on her new knees. Now that she's made the decision and everything is set (including all that most important post-op rehab), she is so excited! She had the goal of making her knees last as long as they could. She out did herself on that one. :)

I says thanks too. It is a great group of kind and caring people who hang out on Wander the West.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#9 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 26 April 2021 - 04:05 PM

As they say on Broadway:  Break a leg, Lady!  Best wishes for the procedure and the recovery.

On a trip report note, I believe we're in the 8th to 10th year of the systematic re-naming of topographic feature names having offensive connotations to Native Americans and all ethnic groups.  Many former "Squaw" features already have new names.  

Foy

Yes, we are making progress with needed changes to geographic names for the better. Many times when I study historic maps of our area, there are a lot of "WOW!" moments seeing the old names once commonly used. But, I'm a bit of an historian. I appreciate it when we learn from our past and make good changes because we are moved to. I'm also an outdoors person. We do need to look at the past, and remember, to plot a better path into the future.

#10 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 26 April 2021 - 10:30 PM

Another great trip report. Hoping Julie's surgery and rehab go well.  I have sent you a PM on Julie's knees. 

Edited by billharr, 26 April 2021 - 10:31 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users