3 replies to this topic

#1 solarweasel

solarweasel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
  • LocationDurango, CO

Posted 04 June 2021 - 11:59 AM

My 2017 Fleet has an Isotherm Cruise 65 fridge. I've noticed that door doesn't seal very well, and always seems slightly ajar (and no, it's not set to "vent" mode). The reason seems to be the fridge door gasket at the bottom of the door having separated from the door itself.

I haven't figured out a way to "reset" the gasket manually so that it sits in there properly. It also doesn't seem like a replacement gasket can be purchased (but maybe I'm wrong).

Anybody else dealt with this and figured out a solution? A couple of photos attached; one of the door ajar, and another from the bottom up of the separated gasket.

Attached Thumbnails

• door gap.JPG
  • gasket.JPG

#2 Beach

Beach

• Members
  • 866 posts

Posted 05 June 2021 - 02:26 PM

That's a very large gap shown in the picture, hard to tell but you might have another issue along with the gasket. Maybe a warped door or worn hinge or hinge bushings, hinge alignment?

#3 patrkbukly

patrkbukly

• Members
  • 224 posts
  • LocationFairplay, CO

Posted 05 June 2021 - 06:29 PM

Here is what I did about the stock frig in my Granby:

ACtC-3c-EQzWM7hDwUveCdiHPQAwCcLvyC7i3PQB

Edited by patrkbukly, 05 June 2021 - 06:29 PM.

#4 kmcintyre

kmcintyre

• Members
  • 1,384 posts
  • LocationBoise, ID

Posted 07 June 2021 - 01:09 PM

I you search on the forum, I posted a "report" (I think) on how I replaced my refrigerator gasket.  It wasn't easy or difficult but trying to find the right gasket and getting it made was a little difficult (getting it made was easy, find the right gasket wasn't quite so easy).  The gasket I bought was a bit too thick but it worked and the old gasket of 20 years was pretty shot.  This was on an old 3-way refrig that supposedly had a gasket that wasn't replaceable (by dometic) :-)

Boise, ID

2022 Chevy 3500 HD

2023 FWC Flatbed Hawk

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: refrigerator

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users