• Please log in to reply
149 replies to this topic

#121 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,773 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 25 October 2021 - 02:45 AM

Started at 3-5 inches expected. Now its 2-4 inches. I expect half an inch when it finally arrives. My rain gauge said 0 after the first wave. Now it wasn't much but it wasn't 0. I opened up the rain gauge and found a spider living inside. After evicting it my gauge is working again. .3 inches after the last wave. It doesn't take much to close 50 so I'm thinking you're right. 

Already down to 1-3 inches and "moderate to heavy" rain. Seems they like to start out with a worst case scenario rather than underestimating. Still its a nice storm and every bit helps. 

That applies to all the fires, not just Caldor. Even if the storm wimps out it still won't take much in the burn area to cause problems.

.57 at my my place so far.

They're sticking with their 2-4 inches and up to 50mph winds. Time to batten down the hatches and prepare for the worst. I'll go check on my dads house and make sure he's ready. Definitely not time to go camping!

1.5 inches here  and its still soaking in. A couple miles north of me a buddy is reporting 2.5". Interesting how must difference just a few miles makes.

I just got an alert on my cell phone advising me to seek shelter by 2pm. That's a first. I've been hunkering down all morning. Good time to still be a football fan. 2.03 and that doesn't count the storms earlier in the week. 

Over 4.2 inches so far. Finally a storm that outperfoms expectations.

Craig... Your in it now!!!  Still got until tomorrow till noon to go.  Were up to 2 Inch's within 24 hours.  Wow, that is a lot for us!  That is more than we got for the whole year.  Good to see it water the vegetation and trees. Been years since I seen it rain like this here.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#122 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:13 AM

Over five inches now. I can't remember anything like this out of a single storm. The stormwater utilities are doing their job. Only some minor street flooding. First time I've seen the detention ponds doing what they were built for. Curious to see how the lake levels come up now. 

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#123 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,773 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 25 October 2021 - 04:37 AM

Yea it's been a while around here too. Time to take a drive to see where everybody built in low lying flood plains are doing.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#124 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 October 2021 - 03:16 PM

Its still sprinkling but I think its pretty much done. 6.01 inches out of this storm. Combine that with the .78 from earlier in the week and its an impressive amount of rain. Some impressive snow falling in the Sierra right now. I wish they could be happy but all I hear is "well its not a drought buster". Nope but its a really nice start.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#125 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 25 October 2021 - 03:19 PM

Spent the weekend at my cousin’s new house in Carmichael. Quite a bit of rain and wind including yesterday (Sunday) as I drove our 32’ motorhome back south on Hwy99. I never said I was the sharpest tool in the shed. 🤦‍♂️😂

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#126 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 25 October 2021 - 05:09 PM

Over night had a nice steady rain.So far we're at 3"+.

Headed down the coast tomorrow to San Simeon SP

for a couple nights. Maybe the 4th time is the charm.

So far this year cancelled 3 trips for different reasons.

Looks like Hwy 1 is clear and should be great weather in the Cambria area.

It will be nice to finally get out.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#127 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 02 November 2021 - 09:21 PM

As I drove a couple of hundred miles through North Carolina today I had the truck windows rolled down part way. Not that it was hot outside, just comfortable. But the sun shining in the windshield heated up the cab. (At least I didn't turn on the A/C)

Over the next couple of days it's going to cool down from today's perfection, but still OK for November. 🙂

IMG_20211102_171328.jpg

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#128 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 02 November 2021 - 10:27 PM

Great November weather.How's the color.

Have fun.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#129 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 03 November 2021 - 05:29 AM

My brother has a place on Emerald Isle. If you’re used to Oregon saltwater, the ocean off NC is a revelation. Actually pleasant swimming.

Hope you’re enjoying your trip.

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#130 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 03 November 2021 - 02:30 PM

Mr. BC, keep us posted on the weather as you continue your southerly migration! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users