#51 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 21 May 2022 - 07:43 PM

MarkBC,

Congrats on your new truck! It looks great. I have been driving an older truck for what seems like for ever, and I am always crunching the numbers to determine what the best make/model will be when I upgrade.

You are the first FWC owner I have noticed moving from 3/4 ton to 1/2 ton.

I am looking forward to a post listing the differences that you notice in handling/MPG etc.

Thanks, Ramblinman. :)

Yes, I've moved from a 3/4-ton F250 to a 1/2-ton F150...but my FWC Hawk has not. That is, I'm keeping the F250 as a permanent mount for the Hawk. The F150 will be the tow vehicle for my travel trailer as well as for general-utility truck stuff.

This 2022 F150, with 3.5-L V6 "Ecoboost" twin-turbo gas engine has (through the miracle of modern techno-magical advancements) more horsepower and torque and towing capacity then my 2000 F250 with 6.8-L V10 gas engine.

On a mostly-highway trip from Bend to/from the Oregon coast, my F150 (unloaded) got 23 mpg. My F250 (when unloaded) would get 14 mpg on the highway. I don't know yet what mileage I'll get when the F150 is towing the 4000-lb trailer. (But...even with the current crazy-high gas prices, the new $50,000 truck will never pay for itself by savings in fuel costs)

Driving the F150 is smoother than driving the F250, but it still feels like a truck. (there's no confusing it with the nimbleness of my little Hyundai Accent).
Turbo-charging gives the F150 an amazing amount of acceleration, if you step on it.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users