16 replies to this topic

#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 11 March 2022 - 05:17 PM

Very nice trip, thanks for posting.  I love the single leaf pinyon, any day spent with those is a good one, and stellar views to boot.

Occidental, thanks for the nice comment! Yup, we love the pinyon. :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 05:20 PM

In summit photo, you guys do look cold but positively ecstatic at Julie’s return to full spec.  Thanks for dragging us along. This might be a great year for exploring again.

Paul

Julie's worked so hard to get good results from the knee replacements. To watch her make a non stop 1500 vertical feet steep descent without stopping and pain free is pretty darn phenomenal. Yup, pretty ecstatic. Thanks Paul! :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#13 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 05:23 PM

Dang!  You two keep hitting it out of the park for us.  

That's our favorite tub too.  Re-tirement is calling me...

Thanks Andy! It was great to find that tub available. Answer that call. Answer that call! :)

Ain’t Galena Peak a dandy place?

It sure is rubberlegs! And, you know there's another peak out there I'm hearing "Can we? Can we?" over and over. :)

Perhaps we'll get a chance to do it. :)

#14 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,338 posts

Posted 11 March 2022 - 05:25 PM

Monte, thanks for the invite for the vicarious tag along.  We enjoyed seeing the country with you and Julie!  So good that Julie’s knee ones are back to specifications. :)

You are most welcome, Mr. Sage!

#15 Foy

Foy

Resident Geologist

• Members
  • 1,295 posts
  • LocationRaleigh, NC

Posted 11 March 2022 - 08:33 PM

If this is aligned with a fault, this may explain why  the rock was more easily eroded, forming this incredible section of canyon.

Here's our visit in November 2014 - Corridor Canyon

and Jim Boone's description of the hike - Corridor Canyon.

Here's the coordinates to take to Google Earth - 36°44.810'N 117°37.006'W

And Foy, thanks for the great commentary! :)

Great, now I have something new to obsess on while I'm supposed to be collecting tax revenue for the Federal Gummint.  

At first blush, looks like Corridor Canyon is in the neighborhood of Mosaic Canyon, already on my bucket list thanks to you and The Lady.

I'm going to have to freakin' move to DV and just live there for a decade or two. And it's all y'all's fault--pun intended!

Foy

#16 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 12 March 2022 - 03:23 PM

Heading into Saline Valley from the south that J-Tree forest is just magnificent. Great pics, thanks for the report. 

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#17 dr.tucson

dr.tucson

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 81 posts
  • LocationTucson

Posted 13 March 2022 - 04:41 PM

What a great trip.  No library near me has a copy of Hiking Western DVNP, I may have to invest in one.

Edited by dr.tucson, 15 March 2022 - 02:25 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users