• Please log in to reply
111 replies to this topic

#71 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 30 October 2022 - 09:24 PM

Yup ... the S&W would stay home. Already have that clear. I am a rules kinda person. Enough bad stuff happens without making it worse with bad decisions. I'm a rule of law type. Appreciate the heads up tho because there are those who think otherwise! :-). What I appreciate about this forum is honesty and good advise. So thanks for speaking up!

Rob

2016 Duramax 2.8 Diesel long bed Colorado 4WD with 2011 Eagle

Lordwoodcraft  instagram        Rob
The only people who ever get anyplace interesting are the people who get lost.
Henry David Thoreau
"Work to achieve not to acquire"

#72 Wallowa

Wallowa

Double Ought

• Members
  • 2,173 posts
  • LocationNE Oregon

Posted 30 October 2022 - 10:42 PM

Ah, you may be "rule of law type", but depending are where you are in Baja or Mexico...many are not...including those in authority..

Great place and great folks, but do keep you spider senses going and head on a swivel!

Have fun and post pictures...

Phil

#73 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 31 October 2022 - 12:00 AM

Thank you for voicing the reality. I know spider. Was stationed in Paraguay late 70’s and early 80’s… then Asia. For same. My wife in Brazil and Saudi Arabia. We are at times a bit too ‘aware’. But laugh a lot at some of the crazy! I swear it is hard to shake.

Henry David Thoreau

#74 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 31 October 2022 - 01:11 AM

Interesting how spending time in countries that may not have our culture, government and values gives you a sort of fearlessness about wandering around in wild places. At least it did for us, who separately were in central and south america, africa, the middle east and even france and england! When things get edgy we know how to edge away and when things get weird we know how to shrug and "meh!"

You will have great fun on this upcoming trip and more fun again when you return to the southwest in the warmer months. 

Oh, I almost forgot, I have actually been to Canada! And survived to tell about it!

Edited by AWG_Pics, 31 October 2022 - 01:12 AM.

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#75 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 25 November 2022 - 08:36 PM

Well here is some in your face proof that winter is sometimes similar in the SW.... Glad Baja became the right turn!

Attached Thumbnails

• Screenshot 2022-11-25 at 7.49.52 AM.jpg

Henry David Thoreau

#76 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:41 PM

That's actually a left turn. Crazy times as we come close to the 3 month trip. My 4 pawed best friend suddenly came down real ill. She was in and out of the vet then in an emergency vet hospital 3 days and then back to the vet. They can't nail it down but it is GI problems. Could have eaten something poisonous (mushrooms), got into scat, or could be a disease, no parasites found. After three weeks of meds and special vet food the poor girl finally had a normal poop. Can't say enough about that!  She went from 55 pounds to 45. (she's 5 yrs old). So we took turns sleeping with her on couch to take her outside hourly. We are worried but hopeful that whatever it was is gone.  Thankfully we have a month to bring here back to full strength... if not we go nowhere!

We ordered the Thermal pack arriving this next week. Onstar has a deal of unlimited ATT wifi for 24/month which works in Mexico too so we got that to take the pressure off for 3 months data. Got the house network set up to monitor all essential things while away and hope no ice storms knock out electricity for too long. A ball joint and alignment this week. Then it is pack and go after New Years. I started a similar blog as the AK and Maritimes trips. Mostly for my own joy of writing a day's rewind. It no doubt will be an adventure.

Henry David Thoreau

#77 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:49 PM

Rob sorry to hear about your dog.Hope she gets well soon.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#78 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 02 December 2022 - 11:55 PM

Thanks Frank... Dogs are my world and it hurts to see her suffer ...wish she could talk. My two previous dogs were 17 and 15 years old and never had any sickness other than what dogs get into. This came out of the blue. I saw her eating something in the field and I went to look and saw only mushrooms ... did not think she'd go after them. Or it could be a 100 other things. 

Henry David Thoreau

#79 Mighty Dodge Ram

Mighty Dodge Ram

• Members
  • 1,003 posts
  • LocationClose to the edge...

Posted 03 December 2022 - 03:57 PM

Here’s to hoping she’s on the mend. I spent several weeks of 5x/night with Riley when he was just a pup. Giardia. 🤦‍♂️

Richard
1996 Dodge Ram 1500 4x4, lightly lifted, ARB bumper/Warn winch, BFG AT/KO2, Snugtop shell. SOLD! But not forgotten!
2002 Chevy 2500HD XC LB 6.0L 4X4, Leer Hi-Rise shell, completely stock...for now!

#80 buckland

buckland

• Members
  • 3,080 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 03 December 2022 - 04:05 PM

Ya that's what we thought it was as we are in the woods a lot and streams are everywhere. But so far nothing definitive.

Attached Thumbnails

• IMG_9666.jpg

Edited by buckland, 04 December 2022 - 09:46 PM.

Henry David Thoreau

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users