(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#12 fish more

fish more

• Members
  • 796 posts
  • LocationSierra Foothills

Posted 01 September 2009 - 02:43 AM

The Derringers are made by Torklift. I added 3/8 J-bolts to the Derringer, two quick links, adjust to fit, no more problems. Very easy to install and remove. I posted some picyures on a trip I made into the sierras, Weaver Lake. Check out the pictures on that post.

#13 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 10 September 2009 - 03:32 PM

It didn't take long to find the post - I kind of remembered the post was a trip report, so I just looked in there, it was the first one I looked at. The search tool wasn't a help.

HOWEVER

If you go out to google - in the box type "derringer" then ":www.wanderthewest.com/forum" that thread comes right up.

I may consider buying a set of those - they are nice and compact.

Ron,
I used the "RonSchon google method" to answer your message. Thanks for the good advice.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#14 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 21 October 2009 - 02:59 PM

I'll be installing them mid Sept.

Ok The Derringers are on. It took a bit of trial and error getting the new threaded hooks the right size but it's done. It is significantly easier and faster to tie the Hawk down with them. It would be way easier to put the safety pins in the rears if the rear access holes were larger so I could see what I was doing. It's mostly by feel and it took a while to get the right rear pin in.

I seem to remember someone enlarging the rear round holes but - surprise surprise - couldn't find the thread.

I'm thinking White Rim will be a good test for them. I'm bringing along the old turn buckles just in case.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#15 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:34 PM

I'm thinking White Rim will be a good test for them. I'm bringing along the old turn buckles just in case.

Yeah baby. These things work like a charm. Easy on, easy off with no loosening up. If they hold on the White Rim Trail they'll hold anywhere. Old dog new tricks go figure.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#16 RJones

RJones

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationMtns of Colorado

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:37 PM

Jay,

I was curious how the Fast Guns worked out for you on White Rim?

RJ

Yeah baby. These things work like a charm. Easy on, easy off with no loosening up. If they hold on the White Rim Trail they'll hold anywhere. Old dog new tricks go figure.

RJones

02 Eagle - 07 Tacoma TRD

#17 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 02 November 2009 - 09:58 PM

RJ,
They seem to be bullet proof. The weak links are probably the lifting eyes in the bed and on the camper.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#18 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 01:39 AM

RJ,
They seem to be bullet proof. The weak links are probably the lifting eyes in the bed and on the camper.

Jay, any pics of them installed? I'd like to see which bolt you had to replace and with what. I've been eyeing these for a long time. Thanks.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

#19 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 04 November 2009 - 03:15 AM

Jay, any pics of them installed? I'd like to see which bolt you had to replace and with what. I've been eyeing these for a long time. Thanks.

Depending on how much distance you need to cover a new threaded hook is all you need once you get the Derringers.

Attached Thumbnails

• Derringers 003 copy.jpg

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#20 brett13

brett13

Lovecock

• Members
  • 1,026 posts

Posted 04 November 2009 - 05:24 AM

Depending on how much distance you need to cover a new threaded hook is all you need once you get the Derringers.

By "new threaded hook" you mean like one of the threaded ends in the turnbuckles? I suppose you could cut one down.
Once had 2007 Tundra TRD 4x4 5.7 SR5 w/ Firestone bags, Bilstein 5100s in front, Total Chaos shackles rear, 275/70/18 E rated Michelin LTX AT2
2007 ATC Bobcat for sale

Now, just roaming around in a stock Land Cruiser (not stock for long though... bawahahha [evil laugh])

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users