#31 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 26 January 2023 - 12:52 AM

So it is all about the oils that boils?

I've never understood coffee culture. That stuff tastes like rotgut!

Coffee is the black nectar of the Gods

I am haunted by waters

#32 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 26 January 2023 - 02:10 AM

It’s an acquired distaste.  :)

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#33 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 26 January 2023 - 06:45 AM

Yeah, we do live in coffee country. Deb loves coffee.

My dad said beer was an acquired taste. He said he acquired the taste for cheap beer.

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#34 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,340 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:32 PM

I'm enjoying my morning ritual of checking out WTW and reading this thread about coffee... as I enjoy my morning Diet Coke.

Excuse me as I head for the bomb shelter.

Blasphemy  :eek: 

I see your point but I think blasphemy is a bit strong to use here. It would be blasphemy if Ted was roasting fresh picked coca leaves, hand grinding the leaves, and processing his own artificial sweeteners to make his own Diet Coke each morning.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#35 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 26 January 2023 - 04:41 PM

I see your point but I think blasphemy is a bit strong to use here. It would be blasphemy if Ted was roasting fresh picked coca leaves, hand grinding the leaves, and processing his own artificial sweeteners to make his own Diet Coke each morning.

Nope, it’s blasphemy!  Ted is a great guy, but I’m afraid he’s gunna be sentenced two weeks in the electric chair. :lol: 

I am haunted by waters

#36 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 26 January 2023 - 11:26 PM

But, but, but... aren't you living in ground zero of the coffee culture?

ODE TO COFFEE
01/14/2016 -- sinahodge

O sweet coffee,
I adore thee,
Providing energy for tough days,
I hope the day never comes when we have to part ways.

Without you I’d be useless,
Lethargic and sedated,
I can’t imagine living life if I weren’t caffeinated.

I drink you while I’m driving,
I drink you while I’m dining.
Warmer than the Caribbean,
And the great Cape,
When I’m with you,
It feels like an escape.

Sweeter than the fresh wind coming from the west,
From all the drinks known to man,
I love you the best.
O sweet coffee,
I adore thee,
Providing energy for tough days.

Yep that about sums it up.Thanks.

Italian dark roast/espresso person here.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#37 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 27 January 2023 - 01:56 AM

Here I sit in a hotel room in Tokyo reading this post. I had no clue there was so much about coffee! Selection, roasting, grinding, water, brewing,temperature, etc.

You have gone above and beyond for your coffee enjoyment. I tip my hat and enjoyed learning a bit about coffee.

I have no use or a desire to drink coffee, BUT I really enjoy the smell of coffee. So if I'm wandering with you, your coffee is safe, just the aroma will be sucked off.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

#38 AWG_Pics

AWG_Pics

Into the Great Empty

• Members
  • 1,197 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 27 January 2023 - 02:06 AM

Here I sit in a hotel room in Tokyo reading this post. I had no clue there was so much about coffee! Selection, roasting, grinding, water, brewing,temperature, etc.

You have gone above and beyond for your coffee enjoyment. I tip my hat and enjoyed learning a bit about coffee.

I have no use or a desire to drink coffee, BUT I really enjoy the smell of coffee. So if I'm wandering with you, your coffee is safe, just the aroma will be sucked off.

Enjoy your time in the land of tea. We do love a nice tea. both taste and aroma, as well as coffee. If we do encounter you in the back of beyond we can introduce you to the delightful smell of the beans, then the ground beans and finally the extract we love so well, the actual coffee drink! Perhaps we could talk you into one little sip?

lived for several years each in Montana, Utah, Idaho, Texas, Washington, Oregon.

2019 Tundra, Hawk.

https://www.flickr.c...hotos/awg_pics/

#39 rubberlegs

rubberlegs

curmudgeon

• Members
  • 564 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA

Posted 27 January 2023 - 02:56 AM

Ugh, tea and coffee. Let's get back to Jiffy Pop!!

Tacoma/Fleet 2018.

#40 pvstoy

pvstoy

• Members
  • 2,771 posts
  • LocationCarson City, NV

Posted 27 January 2023 - 04:41 AM

Enjoy your time in the land of tea. We do love a nice tea. both taste and aroma, as well as coffee. If we do encounter you in the back of beyond we can introduce you to the delightful smell of the beans, then the ground beans and finally the extract we love so well, the actual coffee drink! Perhaps we could talk you into one little sip?

Thanks, always enjoy the aroma. This past year brought back coffee from Guatemala and Colombian for the neighbors. Boy did my luggage smell good.

Not much for drinking tea, but will if only drink available. Just did a walk for excizise through a train system station, a group was passing out free samples of a drink, thought it was like Gatorade but a engery drink with 150 MG of caffeine. Not sure I want to drink it as my body has not seen that much caffeine at one time in decades. I think 12 Oz coffee has around 140mg, can of coke around 40mg.

Patrick

2015 FWC Hawk Flatbed

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users