Photo
- - - - -

Portable Vacuum that works! - Dyson with adapter to run tool batteries!

vacuum dyson battery batteries milwaukee ryobi dewalt

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Hodakaguy

Hodakaguy

• Members
  • 641 posts

Posted 11 June 2023 - 09:40 PM

Keeping your rig clean on the road.  Doing some cleaning this morning in preparation for Hood River Adventure Van Expo next weekend.

Thought I'd share my vacuum setup that I carry with us in the van.  It's an older Dyson unit that's running an adapter allowing me to use my Milwaukee Tool batteries on the vacuum.  The vacuum is great with a lot of sucking power and no bags to deal with, but the stock battery held a charge for under 10 minutes and made the entire thing almost worthless.  I found an adapter on Amazon that allows use of the Tool batts (They make them for all brands, I just happen to be vested in Milwaukee).  The adapter just bolts on and you slide in your battery....bam that's it.   Allows quick batt changes and with the 8.0 it will run a LONG time on a charge, we usually get through an entire trip on a single batt.  

The vacuum's are expensive new but you can find ones with bad batteries cheap on CL or FB market if you keep an eye out.   

Note:  When ordering make sure you order the adapter that matches your exact model of Dyson.

Note: The links below are my Amazon Affiliate links, I make a small portion each time someone purchases from Amazon using one of my links, at no extra cost to the buyer. I only provide links to items that I personally like and use myself. i use the money to put back into my builds and support making videos/posts. If you prefer not to use my links you can search for the same items directly off Amazon. Thank you for the support!

Supplies that I used:

20230611_070810-X2.jpg

20230611_070819-X2.jpg

Hodakaguy

My 4wd Sprinter Build: CLICK HERE

My Unimog U1300L Build:  CLICK HERE

My VW Syncro Westy Build:  CLICK HERE

My Tacoma/FWC  Builds: CLICK HERE

Ride Report - In Memory Of The Crewmen: CLICK HERE

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: vacuum, dyson, battery, batteries, milwaukee, ryobi, dewalt

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users