27 replies to this topic

#11 Bseek

Bseek

Gypsy Feet

• Members
  • 448 posts
  • LocationSonora, Ca Sierra Foothills

Posted 29 September 2009 - 03:48 AM

I went this weekend, and Yosemite falls is already completely dry. And things are cooling off really quickly. Should be perfect soon.
Subaru Outback Gypsy Wagon
2013 Toyota Tacoma DCLB : 2015 ATC Bobcat shell
By the way, it's Brenda   https://sierrashadow.wordpress.com/

#12 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 10 October 2009 - 08:38 PM

We were in the valley a few days ago. I was shocked how full of people it still was, if you want to camp in the valley you still need a reservation during the weekday! We ended up having to shoot just outside the valley for the night.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#13 BSS

BSS

• Members
  • 432 posts
  • LocationState of Jefferson

Posted 10 October 2009 - 09:38 PM

October is the best month to visit Yosemite because the crowds are as small as they're gonna get and the high country is pretty much desolate. Even on the short day hikes like May Lake/Hoffman, Lembert Dome, Dog Lake, etc. you *might* not encounter another hiker on the trail along the way. Longer stuff like Cathedral Lakes, Matthes Crest, and you'll feel like you have the whole park to yourself. You might get some rain or snow, but for the most part it's still above freezing at nights.

The valley is always a zoo. The only time I've ever seen it drop off somewhat sharply is the week after school has started in CA.

#14 kcowyo

kcowyo

• Members
  • 732 posts
  • LocationLander, Wyoming

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:02 PM

We were in the valley a few days ago. I was shocked how full of people it still was, if you want to camp in the valley you still need a reservation during the weekday! We ended up having to shoot just outside the valley for the night.

Hmmmm... I wonder if we missed seeing you? We were in the park on the 7th, but just for the day. Lots of "tree-deconstruction" stops in the valley and on Tioga Pass. The crowds weren't that bad and the Fall colors were great. There was even a little snow on the ground on the high road to Granite Peak overlook.

I thought early October was a great time of year to hit the park. B)

The Four Wheel Camper Review Thread

Toyota T100/FWC Eagle

#15 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 11 October 2009 - 06:45 PM

Hmmmm... I wonder if we missed seeing you? We were in the park on the 7th, but just for the day. Lots of "tree-deconstruction" stops in the valley and on Tioga Pass. The crowds weren't that bad and the Fall colors were great. There was even a little snow on the ground on the high road to Granite Peak overlook.

I thought early October was a great time of year to hit the park. B)

Sounds like it, we hit the south entrance on the 7th a bit after noon, wandered into the valley. It was full so we camped at crane flats, hit the valley the next morning and then rolled tioga out in the afternoon towards Tahoe.

At crane flats we pulled in right across from a couple with a new grandby but they were eating dinner when I went over to talk to them so I didn't bother them other than a real brief chat.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#16 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:15 AM

Well no Yosemite for me this year I'm one sick puppy. Post up some pics guys so I can have a virtual vacation :)

#17 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 12 October 2009 - 02:56 AM

Well no Yosemite for me this year I'm one sick puppy. Post up some pics guys so I can have a virtual vacation :)

Sorry to hear it. :( Hope you are on the mend PDQ.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#18 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:26 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• 1.JPG
  • 5.JPG
  • 8.JPG

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#19 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 12 October 2009 - 03:27 PM

Attached Thumbnails

• DSC02942.JPG
  • DSC02994.JPG
  • DSC03026.JPG

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#20 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 12 October 2009 - 04:50 PM

I'll get some up in a trip report sometime this week most likely.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users