• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 04 October 2023 - 11:57 PM

I have side dinette and battery box is full so I hung it on exterior wall of Battery box ...an ideal spot. When one sits down it is behind your knees so no contact.... wires are short (12") into Battery box. But the real plus is cooling... it is perpendicular, next to the access drop open door for turnbuckle. So when driving I leave that open. it is inches away and has lots of air flow.

Great idea!

#12 Charlie

Charlie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 96 posts
  • LocationSugarloaf, Colorado

Posted 05 October 2023 - 12:14 AM

Thank you. I'm going to go with the same location as you posted. Unless anyone else has any better locations to suggest.

In case you didn't notice, I also mounted the Orion on 1" standoffs which allows a lot more airflow around the heatsink. For the side couch system I drilled 4 air vents to the outside. For the front dinette installation, I added a thermostatically controlled muffin fan which exhausts through a hole in the sidewall. But it has never come on, which is why I didn't bother for the side couch installation.

Attached Files

• Attached File  Fan.jpg   221.62K   9 downloads

#13 Cpt Davenport

Cpt Davenport

• Members
  • 657 posts
  • LocationDavenport CA

Posted 05 October 2023 - 01:15 AM

In case you didn't notice, I also mounted the Orion on 1" standoffs which allows a lot more airflow around the heatsink. For the side couch system I drilled 4 air vents to the outside. For the front dinette installation, I added a thermostatically controlled muffin fan which exhausts through a hole in the sidewall. But it has never come on, which is why I didn't bother for the side couch installation.

I see that and did the same thing on my charge controller. I think it helps. I will also add some vents in the cabinet near the front passenger turnbuckle door. I have vents in my TB doors and will open them while driving if she heats up. Should be sufficient flow and cross ventilation. Great ideas here, thanks all!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users