33 replies to this topic

#31 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 01:06 AM

My head is spinning with completing this side dinette. Anyone find any good free standing chairs to use with a mounted table?

#32 Vic Harder

Vic Harder

Doctor Electric

• Site Team
  • 4,980 posts
  • LocationCalgary, Alberta

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:27 PM

The trick to having an inside seating area be useful is complicated by everyone's disparate wants and needs.  I like a low chair for the camper so I can see out the window more.  My brackets were attached as low as possible to the side wall.  We can almost see out the side windows!  A side benefit is that the seat is low enough to be able to sit while getting at the fridge/freezer without popping the top up.

So, look for low chairs.  Kermit, Helio and other low slung types come to mind.

#33 Jzack605

Jzack605

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 52 posts

Posted 26 December 2023 - 10:43 PM

Those are the chairs I was eyeing, namely an REI version of the helio. Do you all find there’s limited locations for the table if I were to mount that pre chairs if I did a permanent seating down the line? It would be frustrating to mount the table, to have to remount it later.

Although I suppose I could fill holes drilled with dowels, glue and sealant.

#34 Taku

Taku

Buffalo Rockface

• Members
  • 758 posts

Posted 27 December 2023 - 01:36 PM

We built out an ATC Cougar shell and made a side dinette with a table as part of the bench. But we rarely end up using the table and generally just have the bench in place so we have room for two humans and a 70# lab on the bench. works for us.

2005 Tundra  2013 Ocelot    "Ridiculously comfortable"

2021 Tundra 2022 Cougar Shell Built Out  "Even more ridiculously comfortable"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users