New (to me) camper

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 04 June 2007 - 02:24 PM

We use the same screws that are in the roof, but we don't use the ones we took out, we use new ones. They should be a #8 screw, hex head, 3/4" long.

You can double check that when you pull one out.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#12 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 03:41 AM

nice, thanks ben. just scored the 54" tracks...really stoked, a friend just had them sitting around so he gave them to me...beers on the way for him for sure...sooooo, i remove the original roof screws, fill the original holes with silicone then screw NEW holes into the roof, through the track, on the same crossmember as the original roof screws??? just want to make sure i don't reuse the original holes...i guess i shoulf just get up there and have a look. its ok to be up on the roof? thanks ben, as always.

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#13 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:21 AM

You seem to have the idea. If you going to be on the roof, put a piece of wood on top for you to kneel on or stand on so that it will spread out the weight. If you have to be on the roof without anything, be sure to walk on the beams of the roof. If you step in between the ribs it tends to put dents in the roof.

If you would like a better explanation about all of this, feel free to call anytime.

800-446-1003
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

#14 surfib

surfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:26 AM

Thanks for the info Ben. I have the standard rack on there right now. I'll probably take off the front pole and run the tracks in front of the rear rack. It a nice looking rack for fire wood. Same question as Erod though, I saw the screws you are talking about though tonight.

Mike

#15 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:27 AM

thats really good info ben, thanks...think i'll give you a call when i get into it...most likely some evening this week or weekend...

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#16 surfib

surfib

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 25 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:30 AM

Jeez, just posted and already got the answer. Perfect. Thanks again Ben. Also, are the furnaces rebuildable or is new a better route, If I end up keeping it, I want to be safe. As of right now, I have no need for it, but you never know...

#17 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 09:33 AM

First question would be, have you tried to use the furnace yet?

Most older furnaces work fine. Every now and then we find that you have to pull the exhaust and clean it because of a wasp nest or something blocking it.

They are rebuild-able. If you contact Atwood, they should be able to point you to a repair center in your area that can do that for you. At least get an estimate for a rebuild and compare it to the cost of a new one.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users