• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

#11 LuckyDan

LuckyDan

• Members
  • 644 posts
  • LocationBased in Eastern, NOW CENTRAL Oregon

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:58 AM

Since everyone raves about these things I guess I need one. Just not quite sure which model to get.

I think this is good?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=370441917081&ssPageName=ADME:B:WNASIF:MOTORS:1123

Suggestions are welcome.

ALSO, Thank you to the WTW group for creating ways to spend money that I do not have.

My wife wants to thank the group too....

Old, bum around in Ford and an even older FWC Grandby

New Mantra: "Everyday camping is just making up for lost time"

#12 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:17 PM

I upgraded the fan in our now gone RV to the 14 speed and will be doing the same in the trailer this spring. The lower speeds are perfect for venting small spaces without a lot of noise. If I still had the FWC I wouldn't hesitate to do the upgrade in it either.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#13 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 17 January 2011 - 04:18 PM

Looks like stan might be on the mark about an older fan w/o the reverse there as I don't see the switch either. Sorry for the erroneous comment earlier (but as mentioned you just need to add in a switch the flip the wires to make it happen if you wanted this model for a few less bucks).

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#14 Desert Rancher

Desert Rancher

• Members
  • 514 posts
  • LocationSocal desert

Posted 17 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

Thanks guys, I'll let you know the results.

Also, Stan-I need to order a replacement door.
I've talked to Terry and just need to him get the exact dim's and pics.

Thank you for your help!
Granbaby ridin' on an F250HD 4x4, International Diesel powered T444E "And camping will grant each man new hope...as sleep brings dreams of home"

#15 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:00 PM

the description says it has a reversable motor.....

but after buying a 6600 with the remote and thermostat and rain sensor that closes the lid when it rains...there's no way I'd buy the basic model again. Too noisy....too much airflow in Winter on low to keep it on to control condensation, and a wet floor if you aren't in the camper to close the lid when it's raining.

good luck whatever ya decide

mtn
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#16 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:19 PM

the description says it has a reversable motor.....

but after buying a 6600 with the remote and thermostat and rain sensor that closes the lid when it rains...there's no way I'd buy the basic model again. Too noisy....too much airflow in Winter on low to keep it on to control condensation, and a wet floor if you aren't in the camper to close the lid when it's raining.

good luck whatever ya decide

mtn

Why quieter, can run slower? Rain? we haven't seen any since September!
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#17 mtn-high

mtn-high

Campground Host- FUNKYTOWN

• Members
  • 954 posts
  • LocationHoward, CO

Posted 19 January 2011 - 02:21 PM

Yes, quieter....and more variable. With the remote you can dial it in from 10% to 100% manually....or you can set a temperature and the fan will speed up/slow down to try to hold that temp. "Low" speed on the standard model is about 35% power from matching the sounds each fan makes. When it's 15F outside and you want to move JUST A BIT of air yer out of luck with the standard model. It's just too much airflow....and the heater will run all night trying to keep up.

Socorro has had a bit of moisture. last time we were down in Dec. there was enough precip one night to activate the rain sensor and close the cover automatically.

But yeah.... "Winter" is something you just don't have down there...

travel safely

mtn
Wherever ya go...there ya are.

#18 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:01 PM

When it's 15F outside and you want to move JUST A BIT of air yer out of luck with the standard model. It's just too much airflow....and the heater will run all night trying to keep up.

If it's cold outside, why do you need to turn the fan on at all? With that big a temperature difference (inside-outside), natural convection (hot-air rising) will cause plenty of air to vent out without the fan.

BTW: I don't have a Fantastic Fan...yet -- never felt the need...but sounds like everybody else has one, so I guess I need one, too. Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:18 PM

BTW: I don't have a Fantastic Fan...yet -- never felt the need...but sounds like everybody else has one, so I guess I need one, too. Posted Image

Yes Mark, come away from the dark side, step over and join the brotherhood of the fantastic fan :rolleyes:

....oops, brotherhood is probably politically incorrect

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#20 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 19 January 2011 - 03:25 PM

Yes Mark, come away from the dark side, step over and join the brotherhood of the fantastic fan :rolleyes:

Ok...I assume there's some kind of initiation ceremony -- does it hurt much?

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users