Photo

Dinette seat height and top-down camper use.

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#11 davinski

davinski

• Members
  • 391 posts

Posted 23 January 2011 - 07:32 AM

Well, I use the camper with top down a lot. Usually when on the road and stopping for lunch, a nap, a rest, to read maps, or just to hang out. I have a shell and a desk system that is set up so I can cook with the top down. I can put the couch into a bed for a comfy rest. Like others have said, if I am by myself and the weather is bad or I am in a rush, I often don't even put the top up. Sometime if I am in the city, like at a friends house, I will keep the top down and windows covered and just sleep on the street or in a driveway. If I am not by myself, it is really compact and tight....not so good.

In my situation and with the way I use the camper, I would say losing this functionality (top down amenities) would be a real loss. If fact, I never thought I would have said this when I first got it, but I really do like having this option.

You might find otherwise, but that is what is so cool with these campers....Set it up the way you wish.

Good luck

Dave in Seattle

#12 HIKEMT

HIKEMT

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 82 posts
  • LocationWestern Montana

Posted 23 January 2011 - 06:05 PM

Thanks for all your helpful input. My truck bed has 22” side rails, which means 24” tall interior “ledges” in the ocelot. My planned dinette is front end, side-to-side, which means min. 24” tall dinette seats for the lower bed to expand fully which is pretty much mandatory. A 54” top-down roof height gives 30” to lie down, up to 34” to sit at the dinette with the cushion removed. 30” is pretty cramped for me to sit up but 34” seems more manageable. I don't know yet whether a custom roof height is available but your comments suggest it wouldn't hurt to check.
'07 Tundra DC 4x4 TRD '11 ATC Ocelot shell

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users