Photo
- - - - -

Total pop-up fabric replacement; Options?

• Please log in to reply
16 replies to this topic

#11 Dughlas Stiubhart

Dughlas Stiubhart

It's good to be Stew

• Members
  • 1,474 posts
  • LocationSE CO

Posted 24 February 2011 - 07:26 PM

I agree with 3pin and Ted: Check with the boys at ATC about getting the work done there. Many guys at WtW have gone that route and reported good results.

Your photos suggest you have issues with your lift panels as well. Good luck on your project.

PS: You want windows in the side liner!

Stew

2007 Custom All Terrain Camper Panther Shell on 2012 Toyota Tundra 4x4 in SE CO

#12 BLM

BLM

• Members
  • 161 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 25 February 2011 - 02:34 AM

Thanks for suggestion. I'm going to think about that for a few days. I am thinking this fabric is totally shot given how it cracks and crunches from brittleness when I close the top down, though.

I looked through all your pictures. I like seeing similar vintage Grandbys. It's inspiring to see other folks doing what I am planning on doing. I'd love to see the "before" pics if it's not too much trouble.

Pics of the 1983 project as it was before the 6 months of rebuilding started:

P3060019 (Large).JPG
P3060022 (Large).JPG
P3070064 (Large).JPG
P5220131 (Large).JPG

#13 trasko

trasko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 25 February 2011 - 07:40 AM

Whew that does look like it was a project. Actually worse than mine! I've been in contact w/ ATC and it seems my Grandby isn't an '85 after all and is likely mid to late 70's. Hmmph. In any case I plan to at least get it weather-tight and fix up the side-liner. Improvements after that depend upon my motivation and funds.

#14 trasko

trasko

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 54 posts
  • LocationSouth Carolina

Posted 12 March 2011 - 09:36 PM

To bring some closure to this thread:

I visited ATC a couple of Fridays ago. I talked w/ the guys there and got some good advice and ideas from seeing their shop. I ordered a set of corner jacks w/ brackets and a new side-liner. Yeah! I'm expecting that the cost of those 2 things together amounts to more than everything else costs put together (except for my time of course).

#15 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 12 March 2011 - 10:13 PM

I love those guys. Very dependable! Good luck with you install. I'm betting you got some great advice. I am just a tiny bit prejudiced.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#16 Addie

Addie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 29 May 2011 - 03:22 PM

We had the guys at All Terrain Campers replace the side liner material, replace a lift panel, repair the other, reseal the roof, and a couple of other minor items. They did a great job at a very reasonable price, and it was done in a short time. We would highly recommend these guys. It was good to have it done right and we've been happily using the camper ever since.

Think you could message me about how you went about that? I know the front lift panel needs replacing- currently its a piece of plywood that is tearing the headliner (more than it already is). My sideliner is nearly new so that isnt an issue. but all the interior paneling other than the sideliner needs work- probably full replacement.
'99 F250SD 4x4 CC SB

#17 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,344 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 02 June 2011 - 05:28 PM

Addie, sorry I don't quite understand your question. We had the guys at ATC replace the front lift panel and they re-braced the rear lift panel. Both work well now, these guys do great work for a fair price. I did replace all the cabinets and some of the interior paneling myself. I bought the materials from ATC. I'd be glad to help with more information.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users