• Please log in to reply
186 replies to this topic

#171 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 09 November 2015 - 11:37 PM

Welcome back pods8, looking forward to your progress.

Me too! Yours is one of my favorite build threads ever. Good job on getting the crossover back on the road!

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#172 shirk

shirk

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 11:14 PM

Curious if this ever got finished? 

#173 FOX3003

FOX3003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 01:57 AM

Pods8, você já terminou seu projeto ? Pode colocar mais fotos? / Pods8, have you finished your project? Can you put more photos?

#174 FOX3003

FOX3003

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 25 November 2019 - 02:00 AM

Pods8, have you finished your project? Can you put more photos?

#175 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,366 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 November 2019 - 04:54 AM

From my memory, pods8 did not finish the project and had it for sale in the gear exchange sub forum about a year ago. I did a quick look to try and find the listing but I did not.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#176 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 28 April 2020 - 08:35 PM

From my memory, pods8 did not finish the project and had it for sale in the gear exchange sub forum about a year ago. I did a quick look to try and find the listing but I did not.

I just gave it away, the blend of materials didn't work out, the shell didn't want to stay stuck to the core when CO sun hit it.  After accepting the emotional blow of massive wasted time/effort/funds on materials I'm finally back at it but with aluminum frame this time.  

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#177 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 02 May 2020 - 03:41 AM

It was fun following along while it lasted. There's been a few cool composite panel projects I've seen since your experiment.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#178 Dreamer

Dreamer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 02 May 2020 - 04:11 AM

Still super curious what the solution is to keep the glass laminated to the foam. I’ve seen foam designed for bonding with fiberglass but it didn’t have the R value or the low price of the stuff you can get lowes or Home Depot. I’ve wondered if perforating the foam before laying the fiberglass and risen would be enough to solve delaminating. Just know delaminating is the challenge with foam and fiberglass construction.

#179 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:13 PM

Still super curious what the solution is to keep the glass laminated to the foam. I’ve seen foam designed for bonding with fiberglass but it didn’t have the R value or the low price of the stuff you can get lowes or Home Depot. I’ve wondered if perforating the foam before laying the fiberglass and risen would be enough to solve delaminating. Just know delaminating is the challenge with foam and fiberglass construction.

The foam was heavily roughed, XPS just wasn’t a good solution (or the resin I used go softer at a lower temp maybe?).

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#180 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,564 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 02 May 2020 - 08:14 PM

It was fun following along while it lasted. There's been a few cool composite panel projects I've seen since your experiment.

Lol learning experience... I am buzzing away in the garage with the welder, hope to have something to show for that soon.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users