31 replies to this topic

#11 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 30 March 2011 - 05:23 AM

Bacon beer. I've died and gone to heaven. Maybe with some bacon pizza?

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#12 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 30 March 2011 - 06:00 AM

With a little help from XPMarc and assisted by Cort, we should be able to create something like this Epic Meal

Man, that's cool -- and disgusting at the same time! Posted Image Let's eat!

When's the lamb ready? I'll make pie.

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#13 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:35 PM

Marc, I'll bring you a box of Big House Red to drink after Cort finishes off the beer.

Maybe we should do this up north so our temporarily camperless leader can join in.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#14 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:39 PM

With a little help from XPMarc and assisted by Cort, we should be able to create something like this Epic Meal

Re-watching that magnificent display of excess reminded me of my own experience in the distant past:
Many years ago (around 1990) I conceived of "deep-fried butter" as an ultimate trashy-decadent food (I think we were high at the time...). A few years later I actually created -- and consumed -- deep-fried butter:
1. Soften butter and blend in garlic and herbs to taste

2. Form flavored butter into small (~0.5-inch) spheres using a melon-baller or by hand

3. Freeze butter-balls for several hours/overnight in very-cold freezer...or a shorter time in liquid N2

4. Make a coating batter based on corn-meal

5. Pre-heat deep-fryer with oil at ~360-375° or built-in temperature if using a "fry-baby" type fryer

6. Dip frozen butter-balls into batter to coat and drop into hot oil

7. Remove balls from the oil as soon as the batter is firm/golden-brown-and-delicious -- in a few seconds, maybe

8. Enjoy!...wipe the grease from your chin.

Mmmmmm.....now that's good eatin'! Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#15 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 30 March 2011 - 02:59 PM

Cool, i meant keg's though :P
Well, start brewing!!

I'd step up and match him on the homebrewed keggage but I've stored my stuff into the shelves to make way for my new distraction taking up the garage. However if we do get a rally going (that I'm attending) and want to roll like this I can always get a corny keg filled at the local breweries and I've got a portable 5lb CO2 cylinder and picnic taps. ;)

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#16 Nimbl Vehicles

Nimbl Vehicles

Gandalf the Grey

• Members
  • 413 posts
  • LocationColfax, CA

Posted 30 March 2011 - 04:52 PM

5 gal barley Wine, 6 gal Porter and 5 gal Blonde Ale, and thats just what I have fermenting. It's been a great Winter for brewing!

Very Nice!!!
I made a batch of Pilsner again.
Do you bottle or do the C/O system?
I only keg mine and run it trough the tap.

#17 Jamesiam

Jamesiam

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationStateline Nevada

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:46 AM

Very Nice!!!
I made a batch of Pilsner again.
Do you bottle or do the C/O system?
I only keg mine and run it trough the tap.

A little bit of both. The first time I kegged, after 6 months of collecting, de-labeling, and sanitizing numerous bottles, I thought I would never bottle again; now I do both. I like being able to camp with a case or so, and have a few different styles. I usually keg around the holidays or an upcoming party. I do however have a few 3 gal cornys as well, so I usually split between those and bottles.

#18 Jamesiam

Jamesiam

• Members
  • 237 posts
  • LocationStateline Nevada

Posted 31 March 2011 - 04:49 AM

I have never been to, but Pirate Cat Cafe, (which is now Pirate Cat Collective) in San Francisco; serves a Maple Bacon Latte.

#19 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 31 March 2011 - 02:25 PM

A little bit of both. The first time I kegged, after 6 months of collecting, de-labeling, and sanitizing numerous bottles, I thought I would never bottle again; now I do both. I like being able to camp with a case or so, and have a few different styles. I usually keg around the holidays or an upcoming party. I do however have a few 3 gal cornys as well, so I usually split between those and bottles.

Ever try a beer gun or anything like that? Makes it easy to just keg the whole thing then will up some 22s to set aside after its carbonated.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

#20 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 03 April 2011 - 12:23 AM

LOL that was hilarious.... and disturbing. Next rally is going to be vegetarian and sober.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users