• Please log in to reply
29 replies to this topic

#11 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 28 May 2011 - 01:02 AM

Thanks for the e-mail you sent earlier this week with your contact information.

I have been out of the office since Wednesday, but did have time to shoot Mike and e-mail in North Carolina before I left so he is also in the loop of things.

I don't have access to all of our e-mails (at home right now) so I can't remember how you and Mike left off last year?

The last I heard from Mike (this time last year) you were canceling the order and you and Mike were going to work out some sort of deposit return (not sure on the amount you guys discussed) ?

That was the last I heard anything about it from you or Mike for almost 9 or 10 months ?

Then you contacted us again earlier this year, and Tom (the owner here) talked briefly to Mike to try and get you two together to work an arrangement out.

We (FWC) didn't take a deposit from you.

FWC is more than happy to build you a camper.

Mike also e-mailed me and said he would be happy to restart the conversations to get something worked out for you.

Can you please call or e-mail Mike in NC to get your order finalized and let him know if anything on the order has changed from last year ?

We want happy customers.

We want to build and sell campers.

:)

Because we didn't hear from you or Mike about the camper for 8 or 9 months we just thought things were canceled and resolved.

Thanks so much.

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#12 jfb

jfb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 June 2011 - 02:11 PM

Stan,
I need your help if I could ask? Could you email or fax me a copy of the original dealer order to FWC for my camper. Per the email from your dealer, " the camper has been ordered and put into the production line " Yet, FWC seems to not be aware of the order at all?.. yet there must have been an order, for the camper be placed into the production line, and then canceled? Is that correct?
Your help is appreicated.

#13 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 07 June 2011 - 03:46 PM

It's been awhile.

Let me dig back into the files from last year and Mikes orders when I have a free moment.

I will e-mail you once I find something out.

Thanks

:)

Woodland, CA 95776

#14 xtreme mike

xtreme mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 22 June 2011 - 02:30 PM

Stan,
I need your help if I could ask? Could you email or fax me a copy of the original dealer order to FWC for my camper. Per the email from your dealer, " the camper has been ordered and put into the production line " Yet, FWC seems to not be aware of the order at all?.. yet there must have been an order, for the camper be placed into the production line, and then canceled? Is that correct?
Your help is appreicated.

John, I am sure you remember (last year)sending me an Email to cancel your camper order. We did cancel it per your request. We did get another Email from you a few weeks ago, wanting to order it again, We are more than willing to order this unit for you again. We are waiting your visit to finalize the order, just like I stated on your voice mail. Please have your choices made and make sure you are happy with them, we can't change the options once you order the unit.
Mike
Mike
Xtreme Campers - New Indoor Showroom
1588 Prospect St
High Point NC 27260
www.XTRV.com

#15 jfb

jfb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 23 June 2011 - 03:06 PM

In keeping with the forum etiquette, I will not respond directly to the above comments. I will make a general comment, that as a customer, who's order and $2,500 deposit are in dispute as a result of the cancled order, I believe I have the right to have a copy of the original order, it as it came from the dealer to the manufacturer., was put into production, and then cancled. I will send the manufacturer a certified letter to request those copies. I made many mistakes during the order of my camper, most were poor judgement on my part, by not reading and understanding the implications of the fine print, and I have no disire to repete any of them again. Thanks

#16 jfb

jfb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 07 July 2011 - 12:36 PM

Just a reminder to Stan, that it has now been a month since I asked to have a copy of my camper order from the dealer to FWC.
It would seem that if the camper was ordered, placed into production, and then cancled, per the dealers email to me, that FWC would have that record.
All I am asking is a copy of that record. The Olive Branch offered by the dealer above, had SOS when I got to the end of the stick. I signed an agreement that said " upon arivial to dealership, final payment due within 10 days and must clear (name of dealer) bank account prior to final delivery of camper " When the dealer demanded full payment prior to the camper leaving the factory, that is a breach in the terms of purchase, and according to North Carolina law, and the North Carolina Attorney Generals office, is not legal. The dealer is simply trying to illegally retain my deposit. Just for the record, I have never sent an email "asking to order it again". I have asked numerous times for the right thing to be done. Thanks

#17 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 08 July 2011 - 12:26 AM

Hello JFB

I'm so sorry things are going the way they are.

I feel trapped in the middle of a situation that I have no control over.

:(

I can control most anything here at the factory, but I have no control over what our dealers do. They are independent sales locations.

You won't call the dealer. He won't e-mail you. Until you guys talk it through, I don't know what else can be done to help ?

I will be out of the office on the road until Tuesday of next week.

When I return, I will see what I can dig out from the files for the original order sheet.

But whatever you and Mike had worked out for the deposit details / payment details, would be unfortunately up to you guys to work out. I don't know what you signed with him ? We don't see dealer to customer paperwork, because each dealer has different ordering details and payment terms.

I wish I had a magic wand to make things right so you were not unhappy.

We want happy customers.

Talk to you next week.

Stan

Woodland, CA 95776

#18 jfb

jfb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 12 July 2011 - 01:02 PM

FWC could certainly say to this dealer " make this customer whole with his deposit, or you will no longer represent our products ". But we know that won't happen. So, here is my advice for your customers on the East Coast. Use eXtreme caution if you are going to sign an agreement to purchase a truck camper in North Carolina. Read and understand the implications of the very fine print, or you can get surprised after your deposit check clears, as I did. My main mistake was signing the agreement at all, but my biggest mistake was simply this..failing to put the words "balance of (amount) due at final delivery " on my check. Those simple words on a deposit check will render the fine print agreement harmless. Thanks

#19 xtreme mike

xtreme mike

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 13 posts

Posted 13 July 2011 - 11:04 AM

FWC could certainly say to this dealer " make this customer whole with his deposit, or you will no longer represent our products ". But we know that won't happen. So, here is my advice for your customers on the East Coast. Use eXtreme caution if you are going to sign an agreement to purchase a truck camper in North Carolina. Read and understand the implications of the very fine print, or you can get surprised after your deposit check clears, as I did. My main mistake was signing the agreement at all, but my biggest mistake was simply this..failing to put the words "balance of (amount) due at final delivery " on my check. Those simple words on a deposit check will render the fine print agreement harmless. Thanks

John, not sure if your getting my VM, But we are waiting for you to come finalize your order in person, we will apply your deposit, and preserve last years price on the model of camper, I am even willing to charge only Half of the current freight fee for you. We are here to help and want happy customers. It is your choice, buy the camper you want, or abandon the order peacefully
Mike
Xtreme Campers - New Indoor Showroom
1588 Prospect St
High Point NC 27260
www.XTRV.com

#20 jfb

jfb

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 22 posts

Posted 14 July 2011 - 02:30 AM

Per the email from the dealer to me dated June 3, 2010 "Order has been canceled."
I have no intention of abandoning my $2,500 deposit, 50% or otherwise, as it was the seller who changed the terms of purchase.
I find it unusual that I got no positive response from ither the manufacturer, or the dealer, for the past 14 months. That sure makes for happy customers doesn't it. I will be happy to abandon upon the return of my deposit in full. Thanks

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users