13 replies to this topic

#11 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 02 July 2011 - 07:33 PM

Question for you Barko. Not too far from Lost Trail CG is Regan Lake on FR 521. Have you been there? Do you know if it gets crowded?

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#12 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 03 July 2011 - 04:13 AM

Question for you Barko. Not too far from Lost Trail CG is Regan Lake on FR 521. Have you been there? Do you know if it gets crowded?

Have not been there, appears to be North from 520 where I was. I see it is near San Cristobal which may have more traffic. There were very few people at Lost Trail and plenty of good boondocking spots nearby, further up 520. Lost Trail has 7 spots, Ranger in Creede said they would fill over the 4th holiday but usually there are only a couple people there, more tents than anything. I was pleased that there were so few people around. Road Canyon Reservoir was busy in the mornings with people fishing but maybe 2 parties fishing at Rio Grande Res. I like the areas off 149, carries so much less traffic and tourism than 550. Some nice spots up towards Bristol Head as well.
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

#13 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 03 July 2011 - 07:31 AM

Good info. Thanks :)

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#14 Barko1

Barko1

• Members
  • 1,635 posts
  • LocationSouthern Appalachians

Posted 06 July 2011 - 01:52 AM

I 2 amp charged them all night and still low this am, increased to a 10 amp charge. I have a hydrometer, may check them. I suspect a bad battery might be making the charge controller goofy as well??? When I added the battery I just used one that I had for a trolling motor and the other was older so I have been waiting for something to crap out. I'll fix it next week.

Update. I think both the charge controller and batteries were having troubles. I put in two nearly new 6v batteries, they were fine, 12.8, but didn't seem to be benefitting from any solar charge. I swapped out the controller ($21) and I started getting nearly 2x the voltage going to the battery and the battery is now at 13.2 Think it's good to go :D
Granby on an F250 in S. NM

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users