Photo
- - - - -

Blasphemy! Considering a travel trailer?

• Please log in to reply
41 replies to this topic

Poll: Should I sell the FWC & Buy a Travel Trailer? (12 member(s) have cast votes)

Should I sell the FWC & Buy a Travel Trailer?

1. Sell the FWC & Get a TT (8 votes [66.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 66.67%

2. Keep the FWC (4 votes [33.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 33.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#21 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:06 PM

x2!

I think we would care.....but certainly understand. Possibly starting a family? That is a huge step. Good for you two and best of luck!

Thanks Ski!
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#22 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:08 PM

If we want to stay in an area for an extended period to explore the sights, etc., the trailer is the choice. If we want to boondock for a few days or travel fast to something, the ATC is the choice.

Yeah I agree. One of the reasons I bought the FWC was that I thought if I'm going down to run the Tuolumne or Merced for a weekend I wouldn't drag a travel trailer for just one night or two on the bookends of the trip but I would put the FWC on but that is not turning out to be the case because of the PITA of getting it on and off.
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#23 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 19 August 2011 - 09:10 PM

Not saying anything that hasn't been before...but my 2ยข anyway Posted Image

The reason I sometimes wish I had a trailer:
The ability to drive off from camp without having to pack up.
Posted Image)

Yup that is my issue. Last time we were out I wanted to go grab a six pack from the store but it meant completely striking camp. The motorcycle is an interesting idea but I want to make my system simpler right now not more complex :-)

#24 Addie

Addie

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 38 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, CO

Posted 21 August 2011 - 03:36 AM

So.. why not mount it to the trailer you currently have? or hit craigslist and find a truck bed trailer ( most r very cheap) and mount it that? that way you could tow your camper, set it up, unhook the trailer and still have your vehicle to drive? Just a thought..
'99 F250SD 4x4 CC SB

#25 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 21 August 2011 - 04:06 AM

So.. why not mount it to the trailer you currently have? or hit craigslist and find a truck bed trailer ( most r very cheap) and mount it that? that way you could tow your camper, set it up, unhook the trailer and still have your vehicle to drive? Just a thought..

Yeah I thought about that too but I figure if I'm going to tow something I might as well get more room for my towing.

#26 busboy66

busboy66

• Members
  • 257 posts
  • LocationVictoria, BC, Canada

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:22 AM

Get the trailer. Who knows what will be out there when the kids are grown as far as campers?

#27 ntsqd

ntsqd

Custom User Title

• Members
  • 2,881 posts
  • LocationNorth So.CA

Posted 23 August 2011 - 03:45 PM

Yeah I thought about that too but I figure if I'm going to tow something I might as well get more room for my towing.

I was guessing the same when I made my suggestion, but I figured that by securing the camper to the existing trailer that you could at least see if a trailer will work for where & how you want to go camping without much investment. And perhaps it will give some insight into desired and undesired trailer features.
Thom

Where does that road go?

#28 Silvertip47

Silvertip47

The Chair Bandit

• Members
  • 478 posts
  • LocationBoise, Idaho

Posted 23 August 2011 - 11:24 PM

Can you do both? My wife is estremely claustrophobic and does not like the pop up.. We bought a Springdale Rugged Terrain so she can enjoy it and we still don't have to camp in trailer parks.

If we want to take the boat, I simply double tow!!

Posted Image
2011 F250 SCAB 6.2 gas 373 FX4 Lariat 4" Lift 35" Toyos 16.5 Warn Locked & Loaded 2007 SunLite

#29 Cort

Cort

Captain Moderation

• Members
  • 422 posts
  • LocationNear Arcata, CA/Northern CA

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:51 AM

Can you do both? My wife is estremely claustrophobic and does not like the pop up.. We bought a Springdale Rugged Terrain so she can enjoy it and we still don't have to camp in trailer parks.

Posted Image

SICK!!!!

how is it to double tow?

Cort

#30 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 24 August 2011 - 12:56 AM

I don't think I've ever seen this kind of thing on the road... Posted Image
Is this legal in many states or is it just an Idaho thing?

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users