787 replies to this topic

#731 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 11 November 2021 - 04:21 PM

Just met a couple in Arizona on their maiden voyage in their new ATC. Picked it up from Marty and the gang and making their way home to Minnesota. Really enjoying their camper. Good job All Terrain Campets.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#732 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 12 November 2021 - 02:21 PM

Just met a couple in Arizona on their maiden voyage in their new ATC. Picked it up from Marty and the gang and making their way home to Minnesota. Really enjoying their camper. Good job All Terrain Campets.

The ATC crew is the best!

I am haunted by waters

#733 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 01 January 2022 - 04:40 PM

Today about 11:20 (Eastern) a pop-up (FWC or ATC) on a Toyota (Tacoma?) westbound on US 41 near mp 47 in Big Cypress National Preserve, Florida.

It's rare to see any type of pickup camper in The Southeast, so to see 'our' type is special. 

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#734 penner

penner

• Members
  • 188 posts

Posted 01 January 2022 - 05:30 PM

The ATC crew is the best!

Agree 100% !!!  I never see any in my area. When traveling through Nova Scotia last Sept I had a lot of people asking questions . One Guy insisted I follow him to his home so he could show his Wife. Another Guy followed me until I pulled into a store and quizzed me for a while. 

#735 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 01 January 2022 - 06:57 PM

Our pop ups get a lot of attention.

Lots of questions and tours.

Frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#736 PaulT

PaulT

Need gumbo

• Members
  • 2,612 posts
  • LocationHillsboro, Oregon

Posted 01 January 2022 - 08:09 PM

+1 on tours & questions.

I even handed out brochures until I ran out of brochures. I shoulda gotten commissions.  :P

Paul

I thought getting old would take longer.

#737 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 04 January 2022 - 05:19 PM

This morning parked in the marina lot at Flamingo, Everglades, Florida: a FWC Hawk on a Chevy Silverado -- West Virginia plates.

I posted earlier about the scarcity of pickup campers in The East. However, I've seen several camped near me in the Flamingo Campground "Trailer Loop". Why more here? My theory: As a famous national park, Everglades attracts all types from all over, including those who don't normally favor RV-ish campgrounds, e.g., pickup camperers. But if you want to spend time deep inside the park (with a vehicle) it's in this campground or not at all.
This campground is spatially luxurious -- huge gaps between each campsite. They could double the campsite density and still be ok. Very nice.

#738 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,600 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 14 February 2022 - 10:09 PM

Sighting in Big Lagoon State Park campground, near Pensacola, Florida:
A newer FWC Hawk on a F250... from some state
... apparently, from one of those states that don't require front plates.
(someday there will be a law... 😉)

#739 Wandering Sagebrush

Wandering Sagebrush

Free Range Human

• Site Team
  • 10,591 posts
  • LocationNortheast Oregon

Posted 15 February 2022 - 10:20 PM

I hope this was purchased as a project, otherwise I think someone had truly bad luck.  Seen in Ontario, Oregon.

gallery_4841_711_3811050.jpeg

I am haunted by waters

#740 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,340 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 08 March 2022 - 10:53 PM

Friday, March 4th, there was a FWC on a white truck parked and camped along Lee Flat Road on the western edge of Death Valley National Park. We walked out to Lee Flat Road on our night walk and came within a few hundred yards of the camper with the interior lighted. Did not want to scare the bejesus out of the occupants by knocking to say hello. This is a very remote area. From a great distance, we watched the truck drive out Saturday morning.

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users