• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#11 Stan@FourWheel

Stan@FourWheel

• Members
  • 2,376 posts
  • LocationWoodland, CA

Posted 15 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Most customers are installing 1 or 2 deep cycle sealed (AGM or Gel Cell) batteries under the couch inside the camper.

But if you decide you want to keep the battery outside of the camper you could look at something like this ...

I have not seen one of these in person, but it looks simple.

Maybe easier that trying to fab your own battery box tray for under the bed.

If you put the battery under your truck bed, can just get a big ol' wet cell deep cycle battery and hook it up to your truck battery or alternator (with fuses & separator) for recharging purposes.

http://www.torklift....age=hiddenPower

KISS (keep it simple)

There are many ways you can do it, many different chargers available, and many different batteries.

I'm usually looking for something affordable, simple, and reliable. Reliable being the key! The last thing you want is a dead camper battery when you are out camping.

(Don't go cheap though. Everytime I have gone cheap, I have usually regretted it)

:)

Stan Kennedy --- Four Wheel Pop-up Campers
1400 Churchill Downs Avenue, Suite A

Woodland, CA 95776
(800) 242-1442 or (530) 666-1442
www.fourwh.com  ---  e-mail = stan@fourwh.com

#12 Casa Escarlata Robles Too

Casa Escarlata Robles Too

C'est la vie

• Site Team
  • 9,296 posts
  • Locationmonterey bay area

Posted 15 October 2012 - 07:22 PM

Stans under the truck bed mount looks intriguing.I checked a dealer in the Salinas area ,on line and they gave no price or other applications other than Fords.
I will keep this in mind should I want another battery.
Thanks Stan.
frank

2002 Tundra AC TRD 4WD Limited 2009 ATC Bobcat loaded http://sharychic.blogspot.com/

#13 Espresso

Espresso

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 15 October 2012 - 10:51 PM

I have enough projects; i don't need to custom fab something I can purchase off the shelf. I like the idea of mounting it under the bed and an AGM means I never have to crawl under the truck to maintain the battery. I'll have to make sure this bracket will truly secure the battery. I'm planning a trip to Baja this winter and I don't want to find the big bump the back tire just rolled over is the battery that just fell out of the holder. Posted Image

Will the IOTA charge the AGM battery?

#14 pods8

pods8

• Members
  • 2,557 posts
  • LocationThornton, CO

Posted 16 October 2012 - 04:17 AM

Will the IOTA charge the AGM battery?

Add the IQ4 to it.

2022 F350 7.3L; family trailer at the moment and some aluminum stuck together to eventually form another truck camper

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users