19 replies to this topic

#11 Beamer pilot

Beamer pilot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
  • LocationAlberta Canada

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:13 PM

You guys got me slobbering...eeh... I mean salivating, no not about you cooking but about you camping in November.
Camping out here this time of the year? Out deer hunting yesterday just about froze my nose off…after two hours exposure.
Love the South West.

#12 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 23 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

Camping out here this time of the year? Out deer hunting yesterday just about froze my nose off…after two hours exposure.

Where is "here" for you, Beamer pilot?

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#13 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 24 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

The components - Turkey breast on the grill; mashed potatoes and green beans on the camp stove, rolls and gravy on the camper stove:

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

The final result. Granted, no stuffing but the wife doesn't eat it anyway.

Posted Image

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#14 MarkBC

MarkBC

The Weatherman

• Site Team
  • 6,602 posts
  • LocationBend, Oregon

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:00 PM

Good job, Ted -- looks great! I think you get extra points for actually baking the rolls in an oven! Posted Image
I like that you included the traditional gelled-cylinder form of cranberry sauce. That's how I remember T-day from my childhood at grandpa/grandma's house...before food-radicals introduced the whole-berry form. Posted Image

FWC Hawk (2005) on a Ford F250 Supercab, 6.8L V10 gas (2000)

#15 highz

highz

Retreaded

• Members
  • 1,816 posts
  • LocationSacramento Mountains, NM

Posted 24 November 2012 - 07:20 PM

Looks really tasty -but- I just can't envision Thanksgiving dinner without stuffing.

'99 Ford Ranger XLT, '08 FWC Eagle
-------------
“the clearest way into the Universe is through a forest wilderness.” - John Muir

#16 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 24 November 2012 - 08:02 PM

Looks really tasty -but- I just can't envision Thanksgiving dinner without stuffing.

x2!

Looks like a great job Ted! Did you serve in your good slacks and tie?

My indirect grilled whole turkey - sage & lemon and maple wood smoked is legendary as is my oven baked stuffing. My father in law could live on my stuffing alone. Points for me! No cranberries here except in the sparkling apple cranberry cider. We're having left overs right now!

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#17 Hittheroad

Hittheroad

• Members
  • 311 posts

Posted 24 November 2012 - 10:54 PM

How about nothing but stuffing?

My memory is of a trip brought on by exam induced insanity during grad school. We decided to spend Thanksgiving day hiking into Avalanche lake in the Adirondacks with food supplies consisting of nothing beyond a box of glazed doughnuts. There was a dusting of snow and nearly frozen glazed doughnuts are an interesting substitute for hot turkey and pumpkin pie. It was a Thanksgiving we are never likely to forget.

#18 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:28 AM

I have no arguement with the pro-stuffing crowd. Personally I love it, too. But I was out of burners and something had to go. Since that is the thing only one of us likes, it drew the short straw.

#19 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,346 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 25 November 2012 - 01:59 AM

<snip> Did you serve in your good slacks and tie?

towel over your arm? :)

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#20 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 25 November 2012 - 04:41 PM

Did you serve in your good slacks and tie?

No, it was casual night. The formal wear only comes out when we have important company.
:D

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users