18 replies to this topic

#11 caseboy

caseboy

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • Locationkey center,wa.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 11:55 AM

sorry,
i did'nt mean to ridicule your choices.we all have a different idea of what we want and what price makes us comfortable.i would love to have(and often drool over) a brand new alaskan ,but can't justify that much money(if i had it)for a few trips a year. many people can and do.my 10ft nco cost 50 bucks and needed a little restoration and my 10ft co cost 250 bucks and is needing a lot of restoration.i'm still tickled pink to have both.i kind of fell into alaskans by accident.i was just looking for a old camper to try out as i don't like hauling our old 5th wheel.a friend had one in his yard that his wife wanted outttt.every since then ,i was hooked.from the way it hauls to the comfort in stormy weather to the comments from people at the campgrounds,it has truly brought back the joy and worry free feeling of camping.

keep going for what you want and i hope you and everyone can have the same joy i have when telling a fellow camper about my rig, answering questions in the parking lot or gas station, or sitting inside during a 35degree rain storm with 50mph winds(realto beach in february) and being snug as a bug.

wes

#12 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 05 December 2012 - 03:15 PM

I don't think your expectations are to high at all. I walked away from many that had rot. I found mine that had no rot and no water stains but needed some refinishing and cleaning but hey it is 45 years old.
They are out there just keep up the hunt. It seemed as soon as I bought mine a bunch came up on Craigslist.

#13 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 05 December 2012 - 06:51 PM

Good eye on the 86....those years were done with the photo vinyl wood like look on flakeboard.....a far cry from the nice ash plywood of the earlier models. Keep looking, there have been some real jewels turn up on the site in the last year....REAL JEWELS!!

Somebody will have one in the desert :rolleyes: somewhere.....

sometimes they are better off bought for parts....or siding

There are a few hereabouts always on the prowl for....."parts"

as far as the pottie goes.....I've had one for years and as has been said...it comes out in the evening and gets dealt with in the morning....fits nicely under the typical refer location...even has a little additional space for some riser blocks

Best of Luck

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#14 alaskangreg

alaskangreg

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 17 posts

Posted 08 December 2012 - 09:46 PM

:huh: I been really looking for a 10ft over cab with the side dinette. But I have to have a camper with a "potti", (not just me using the camper)

My question is did they ever put a portable in a 8 or 10ft model?. Everyone I've seen has to small of double door cabinet beside the frig to really put a pot. (I've only seen one) there always a long ways away so I only have pics to look at. I see an 8fter advertised with the frig on the "port" side & a cabinet on the strbd. side, will this accept a pot?.

Or do I have to settle for the forward dinette model only to get the pot?? Appreciate input from people who have or have had these campers.

Fifteen yrs ago I had a 10ft forward dinette & had a pot, but just like the side unit giving a longer counter space on the left side. Thanks for any ideas, (besides I know just go in the woods! etc)
:o

You are looking for a 10' Alskan with the ability for a potti. I have one for sale on the Alaskan website. It does have room for a porta potti and it is in fact included in the sale. Mine is a 2007 (almost 2008 as it was built in Dec. 2007). It has the side dinette you are requesting and is in great shape. I am selling only because I am looking at downsizing as kids are working too much and we are not able to camp as much as we would like currently. Asking price is $19000 but can be negotiated. Thought I had it sold last weekend to a guy from Vancouver washington but he wanted air conditioning as he was going on a four month trip to southern USA. Call me at 250 489-2747. I am in Cranbrook, BC, Canada. I am emailing with 2 folks currently about this unit so if you are interested please call me at your convenience.

Greg

#15 lincolnmatthews

lincolnmatthews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 10 December 2012 - 06:12 PM

Thanks Newbie,

I guess I should have stated that I am looking for an "older" camper. I don't want to spend what a near new one is. I already have a Lance camper, & the wife is having a fit that I want an Alaskan, but that's ok. She's had a fit before!. Anyway I would like a "cherry" 70's era & would go as high as $4000 or a early 90 to mid 90's for about $8000. This is basically in my range. If I could talk the wife in getting rid of the behemoth Lance then I would get a new Alaskan or almost new. The Alaskan would be for my getaway to the BC Boonies. Thanks again though!

#16 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 11 December 2012 - 05:30 AM

Here is one in the Tri cities My link

#17 Rusty

Rusty

• Members
  • 931 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles, Washington

Posted 14 December 2012 - 12:59 AM

Those jacks are worth 450 just by themselves....

This is a good deal for someone

Crimani...the paints good too...a little warm water and soap..batta bing

I wonder what the interior looks like?

2003 Ford 250 Superduty Crew.... 7.3L PowerStroke diesel 1970 10" NCO Alaskan Firestone airbags pulling a 18' Silver Streak runabout

#18 lincolnmatthews

lincolnmatthews

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts
  • LocationWestern Washington

Posted 14 December 2012 - 04:10 PM

Thanks for the link Buckwheat!, I've emailed the guy several times with no reply. Its awful hard to buy something when there's no phone # in an add. I just wish that people would have the courtesy to reply whether its sold or not, very frustrating being "teased" like this by a camper that looks pretty nice!

#19 Buckwheat

Buckwheat

• Members
  • 201 posts
  • LocationEverett, WA.

Posted 06 January 2013 - 04:59 AM

To bad you want a 10ft this looks like a good 8ft My link

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users