12 replies to this topic

#11 ski3pin

ski3pin

Belay On

• Site Team
  • 15,347 posts
  • LocationSierra Nevada Range

Posted 24 December 2012 - 06:23 PM

We made it after 7.5 hours, 5 hours of it between Colfax and the Sugar Bowl exit. We would watch people fly by only to see them a mile or two down the road piled into a snow bank. On the downhill stretch from Nyack to Emigrant Gap, one guy in a minivan passed us with all four wheels locked up! He was lucky and managed to keep it on the road and not hit anything even after a slow motion 360 spin. And I'm amazed by how many people with a front wheel drive car put their chains on the rear wheels and can't figure out why they can't get going again after having stopped on an incline.

Just another day in the mountains sharing the road with our neighbors.............. :rolleyes:

2003 Ford Ranger FX4 Level II 2013 ATC Bobcat SE "And in the end, it's not the years in your life that count. It's the life in your years."- Abraham Lincoln  http://ski3pin.blogspot.com/

#12 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 25 December 2012 - 02:13 AM

Now you know why I chose to stay home. My local brewpup celebrates New Years at 9pm local. I like to be sound asleep before the craziness starts. Omg, I must be getting old!

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#13 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 25 December 2012 - 05:19 PM

Now you know why I chose to stay home. My local brewpup celebrates New Years at 9pm local. I like to be sound asleep before the craziness starts. Omg, I must be getting old!

:lol:
Ho Ho Ho, I am old I think! Merry-x-mas, power was off here again for a while. About foot, foot and a half or so here, down town a little messy, made it down to the store for some stuff, back here to await the next storm later today. Probably do my drinking here. It snowed about 3-4 feet up at Eagle Lake and Chester/Westwood; have a friend coming in from the Lake-got snowed out, 4x4 is down and has to work on Wednesday, so he's catching a ride into my place to stay for a day or two, until the snow plows clear his road. Any one heading over this way on 89/32, better check first at least for the next few days and maybe should or call first. Hope the power stays on. Hoo Hoo Hoo, living in the west is great, loving it!

Smoke!
Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users