Photo

My 2012 Jeep Wrangler Pop-Up (Ursa Minor J30)

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#11 brianjwilson

brianjwilson

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 06 April 2013 - 08:59 PM

Very cool! What's the price point on that (not including the jeep)?

Somewhere between ridiculously expensive and insanely expensive...?
Basic model with no options, no matched paint, no windows etc etc starts around $5200 I believe. Everything else is extra obviously. I think mine is optioned out just under $7k.
But it's not bad if you compare it to other options. Factory hard top (new without paint) around $2200, heavy duty roof rack $1000, roof top tent $$$. This is low profile, can carry bikes, snowboards, kayaks etc on top. Would easily fit a standard garage (without suspension mods). Quick and easy setup and break down (I can open it without ever leaving the jeep). Standing room for changing etc.

#12 brianjwilson

brianjwilson

• Members
  • 218 posts
  • LocationPortland Oregon

Posted 10 May 2013 - 11:37 AM

Well I only had 9 days at home this last time so I didn't get a lot of camping done... :(
I did get my expedition one bumper installed and warn zeon 10-s winch, manual sway bar disconnect (electric disconnect can only be used in 4x4 below 20mph), rotated the sway bar disconnect up for more clearance, fixed a few things here and there. We spent one night camping in the coast range with friends, stayed warm and dry despite the rain. The overhang on the top is a huge help as it keeps most of the rain off of the soft sides. The water that does hit it just beads up and rolls off.

Posted Image

So I'm back at work for a 17 day hitch, followed by six weeks off! The first weekend I'll be wheeling and camping in central oregon, and sometime I'll be heading out by myself for a couple weeks towards Idaho, Utah, Arizona, Nevada, California or wherever else I get an itch to go. Looking forward to it, but I'm still trying to figure out how the back country permits at canyonlands and such work. Whether or not I'll save money buying an annual national parks pass, etc.

#13 olympic kicker 777

olympic kicker 777

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 18 November 2013 - 08:12 AM

That's awesome! I saw your Jeep driving around the other day and I was scratching my head thinking"why is his hard top extra tall?" (I am 6'4" and I think about these things lol) then I thought it might be some sort of camper setup I've never seen before. It inspired me to look online and I found you lol. This thing really is awesome and I love my 97 wrangler. Been thinking about upgrading to the Jeep you have for awhile and when the money comes I would love to do this also! Thanks for the info and inspiration! :c]

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users