Modified kitchen cabinet

• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#1 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 02:49 AM

Thanks to Thanksgiving I finally had time to work on my kitchen cabinet modification.

I didn't like the way the original table was working in these campers. It's too heavy and takes up too much space in the camper.

My solution is to integrate the table (or tables in my case) into the cabinet.

I used 2 sets of low profile drawer sliders to support the tables. Seeing the space available under the sink I also installed and additional shelf in there, this almost doubles the usable space.

Attached Thumbnails

• Cabinet 006 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 009 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 014 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 018 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 021 (Medium).jpg

03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

#2 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:16 AM

This is the second part or table I installed between the drawer and the water tank.

Attached Thumbnails

• Cabinet 008 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 011 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 012 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 019 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 023 (Medium).jpg

03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

#3 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:24 AM

This is the last pic of my new table setup, ready to be used.

Having the cabinet apart I also installed a standard 110V power outlet. The inverter is installed below the battery separator. The switch to turn the inverter on and off is right next to the furnace control.

I'd say I had a productive Thanksgiving. Now it's time to put it to use.

Attached Thumbnails

• Cabinet 024 (Medium).jpg
  • Cabinet 004 (Medium).jpg

#4 DirtyDog

DirtyDog

Captain Leisure

• Site Team
  • 3,157 posts
  • LocationEugene, Oregon

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:32 AM

Wow that's a great table idea!

#5 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 03:57 AM

Wow that's a great table idea!

Thanx DirtyDog, it could have been even better with some previous measuring and planing.

After seeing the results, I think in the future I would install the shelf and table under the sink higher and on the same level as the table over the water tank. This way I could hang an additional board between the two tables and make just one long surface.

Another thing I might do in the future is install a door to access the wiring behind the power outlet, control box and furnace control.

I guess having a camper is a learning experience.

#6 SunMan

SunMan

King Taco

• Members
  • 2,362 posts
  • LocationOxnard, CA.

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:01 AM

Pretty darn clever! The mods I see on here never cease to amaze me. Well done.

Sunman
2003 Four Wheel Camper -Hawk

2023 All Terrain Camper - Panther 
2006 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD
2017 Toyota Tundra Double Cab Limited 4WD

#7 DLN

DLN

• Members
  • 1,111 posts
  • LocationGrass Valley Area, CA

Posted 26 November 2007 - 05:27 PM

Good work, a simple but creative solution to a convenient usable table plus picking up the dead space under the sink, keep it up.
DLN Ex- 2006 Eagle - 2002 Tacoma TRD - Ride Rite Air Bags Current - 2004 17' Casita SD

#8 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 26 November 2007 - 06:33 PM

What is it with us fwc/atc owners and modifying things? Guess we're all just handy folks. Thanks for the idea on the inverter. Been trying to figure out how to install mine, its not really designed to be installed but I have an idea that should work now.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#9 erod

erod

• Members
  • 664 posts

Posted 26 November 2007 - 10:52 PM

really nice, thanks for the pics and project description! let us know how it works!

Erod 2002 Tacoma, TRD supercharger, exhaust, headers, URD 3.4L 5VZ-FE Toyota Truck Supercharger Fuel Upgrade Kit, ARB front bumper, OME shocks and coils, OME 7 leaf packs, Ride-rite airbags. 2002 FWC Eagle

#10 buzzman

buzzman

• Members
  • 220 posts
  • LocationCrossville, TN

Posted 27 November 2007 - 12:11 AM

Yep, I think these are some very useful cabinet mods. Great idea. Do you have any pictures of the cabinets before you started? I don't really know what a Bobcat cabinet looks like up close other than what's shown on the ATC web site.

Like I said in the camper dolly thread, Ben might have to start fielding requests for these mods from potential ATC customers.

Buzzman

2017 Ram 3500 6.4L gas SRW, CC, 2wd, 8' bed

2007 FWC Grandby--Sold

2015 Hallmark Ute XL

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users