• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#11 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 27 November 2007 - 01:05 AM

Hi buzzman,

when I started this project I was just too excited to take pictures of the original cabinets. But maybe Ben could post some pics of a new interior.
03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

#12 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 27 November 2007 - 03:50 AM

Now I have to re-think my cabinet re-configuration, again. After 2 attempts I thought I was close, but it still isn't "right" and I like your ideas. You know I'm not going to sleep very well tonight, what with visions of drawers and doors floating around in my head.

#13 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 27 November 2007 - 09:46 PM

Just so long as you aren't one of those people waking me up at three in morning with the table saw going "well I couldn't sleep and I had this great idea".

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#14 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 28 November 2007 - 12:23 AM

Now I have to re-think my cabinet re-configuration, again. After 2 attempts I thought I was close, but it still isn't "right" and I like your ideas. You know I'm not going to sleep very well tonight, what with visions of drawers and doors floating around in my head.

Hi EdoHard,

let me know if you need more info, close ups or measurements of my modification.
03 Toyota Tacoma TRD 4x4, D Cab, Air-Lift, Schroth Safety Harness, Recaro Seat (finally) on board laptop w GPS, ARB Front Bumper, Manual Hubs.

#15 EdoHart

EdoHart

Grasshopper

• Members
  • 1,036 posts
  • LocationSanta Maria, CA

Posted 28 November 2007 - 04:34 AM

Just so long as you aren't one of those people waking me up at three in morning with the table saw going "well I couldn't sleep and I had this great idea".

LOL. No you won't hear a table saw at 3:00 AM from my house. A radial arm saw, though...no not even that.:mad:

#16 benburnett

benburnett

• Members
  • 771 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 01:47 AM

Wow, great job on that. Gives me some ideas that I am going to throw at the guys. That has to be one of the better redo's I have seen on a camper.

Great job.
Sincerely,

Ben

www.bsbinstitute.com

email: benbntt@gmail.com

#17 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 03:25 AM

Wow, great job on that. Gives me some ideas that I am going to throw at the guys. That has to be one of the better redo's I have seen on a camper.

Great job.

Hey Ben, modesty apart, 90% of the cabinet was made by your guys. I just tweaked the design a little bit.

If it wasn't for the quality of the cabinets and the great craftsmanship of the assembly the whole thing wouldn't have been possible.

Everything is just so easy to take apart, a few well placed screws, proper holes, straight cuts, impeccable fit of all the parts. It's just a pleasure to play around with all the parts.

The effort you guys put into every little detail is just unbelievable. Who in this world would possibly paint screw heads in colors matching the wood they go through? And it's two different colors! Not just the screws you see on the front, no, even far back inside the cabinets.

I'd say it's crazy, or genius, but I do love it.

#18 rich

rich

• Members
  • 463 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 04:09 PM

Cabezon,

Nice mod, those are awesom and look perfect for working on your laptop from the couch. The look like they are on standard drawer slide outs, do they have any extra supports? How strong are they? Can you chop veggies on them or do you have to be carefull with putting much pressure on?

Great work!
Rich 2007 Toyota Tundra Limited with 1989 FWC/ATC Fleet Hybrid fully refurbished

#19 b team

b team

• Members
  • 252 posts

Posted 29 November 2007 - 10:45 PM

Nice work. Much better than the stock setup.
Free and Easy Down the Road I Go 2003 Eagle

#20 cabezon23

cabezon23

• Members
  • 124 posts

Posted 30 November 2007 - 03:33 AM

Cabezon,

Nice mod, those are awesome and look perfect for working on your laptop from the couch. The look like they are on standard drawer slide outs, do they have any extra supports? How strong are they? Can you chop veggies on them or do you have to be careful with putting much pressure on?

Great work!

Hi Rich,

I still don't know how strong they are, but my 2 year old was sitting on them with no problem. I guess the slide outs should be strong enough for at least 20lbs. For the moment I don't think I'll need extra support. Once the first set of sliders is bent I might change my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users