• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Bwht4x4

Bwht4x4

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMorro Bay

Posted 26 March 2014 - 09:32 PM

I called both Dometic today and Isotherm and actually talked to a real person.  Based on that conversation I think the Isotherm is going to be the refrig for me.  It has the smallest freezer and the most refrig space, which is what I really want...a lot of refrig space.  The Isotherm also has a couple of models with some really easy mounting options.  I need to take some final measurements before I decide.

2018 Dodge Ram 2500 Quad Cab, 4WD, CTD paired with a 2013 FWC Hawk

#22 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:25 AM

You can vent interiorly or exteriorly depending on your requirements it's how you vent that's important.
A big box with no flow direction such as a unit pushed up against a wall with an exterior vent and fan tied to the evaporation coils will not be efficient. The air molecules are kind of lazy and if they can they will just hang out in a corner not contributing to your needs. They need direction, give them a nice tunnel to follow and you will have the most efficient flow possible. You can still use a large one piece grill just separate the intake and exhaust. Better yet make a complete enclosed system!
I have various units in use in different applications - Dometic, Waeco, Isotherm, Uline, Engle but I am using the TF 65 in my current build. Why pay Boating prices when you can get trucking prices for the same unit?
Cheers

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

#23 Bwht4x4

Bwht4x4

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMorro Bay

Posted 27 March 2014 - 03:32 AM

Captm,

I think with my camper I'm going to be forced to vent to the exterior unless I want to drill holes or cut out vents in the cabinets, which I don't want to do nor think they'd be big enough.  I'm on board with you and have been trying to figure out how to design a vent with an intake and an exhaust and I was thinking with a computer fan on one or both of them.

I looked at the Truckfridge models but they don't have the 80 liter version (3.0 cu feet) just the 65 and 130.  I will likely be going with an Isotherm, which is who makes the Truckfridge models anyway.  Problem is that I'm going to have to pay quite a bit more for the slightly larger model than the less expensive Truckfridge model.  Defender Marine though is having a big sale and the model I'm looking at is $100 off normal price.

#24 Captm

Captm

• Members
  • 269 posts
  • LocationPort Angeles

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:07 AM

I just happen to have a TF 130 available however I take it that it's to big for your size requirements.
I'm working on my TF65 install tonight so I should have some pics up in a day or so of the intake/exhaust
that I came up with.
Cheers

2005 Tacoma Dbl cab LB 4x4

2014 Fleet shell

#25 Bwht4x4

Bwht4x4

• Members
  • 427 posts
  • LocationMorro Bay

Posted 27 March 2014 - 05:14 AM

Thanks Captm, but from my measurements I can get an Isotherm 85 to fit and leave me with nearly all the depth of the counter top cubby-hole above it.  I think I may loose just an inch.  With the existing ice box there is a huge waste of space between the upper part of it and the bottom of the countertop cubby-hole.  The 85 will fill it up with usable refrig space!!  With the 130 I'd loose all of the space above the refrig.  I think the 85 is a perfect compromise for us.

BTW, could you do me a favor and measure just the width of the flange on your Truckfridge?  It'll be the same as the Isotherm and that is the one thing I do not know for my pre-planning measurements.

#26 wetcoast

wetcoast

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 27 March 2014 - 04:59 PM

Still looking for 1.9 Cubic feet propane fridge! Feel free to send private messages as this post seems to be a little off topic :)

#27 wetcoast

wetcoast

• Members
  • 221 posts

Posted 24 June 2014 - 06:21 PM

Still fridge hunting :)

#28 NorCalHawk

NorCalHawk

• Members
  • 316 posts
  • LocationHumboldt County, California

Posted 29 July 2014 - 04:23 PM