Photo
* * * * - 3 votes

Camping Rally at Meadow Lake October 10-12.

• Please log in to reply
162 replies to this topic

#31 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:11 PM

Let's see... drive 3 days each way for a 2-day event... hmmm, I'm thinking about it... Meeting folks from the forum would be fun, eating roasted pig, seeing the countryside... hmmm, driving 3 days each way.... hmmm. Still thinking. <_<

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#32 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 23 June 2014 - 06:44 PM

Let's see... drive 3 days each way for a 2-day event... hmmm, I'm thinking about it... Meeting folks from the forum would be fun, eating roasted pig, seeing the countryside... hmmm, driving 3 days each way.... hmmm. Still thinking. <_<

FIFY

Enjoy 3 days of seeing the good old USA, finding new camp spots.  Attend a great  a 2-day event... hmmm, I'm thinking about it... Meeting folks from the forum would be fun, eating roasted pig, seeing the countryside... hmmm,  Enjoy 3 days of seeing the good old USA, finding new camp spots. 

#33 Ted

Ted

Magellan

• Site Team
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationEast of Sacramento

Posted 23 June 2014 - 07:47 PM

Takeiteasy,

We have taken an extra day here or there to extend a weekend, but three days in each direction? Wow. I know most of the other long distance attendees are making this part of a longer trip. I you have the time, do as Bill says and make the most of the cross country trip. Or stay longer in CA. The rally is being held less than an hour from Lake Tahoe and a few hours drive to Yosemite. The eastern Sierras will be in their Fall colors. the Pacific coast is fairly close as well. There is a lot to see here. If you are going to drop that much in gas money, I'd make it worth it.

"Not all who wander are lost. Except Ted, he's usually lost."  Dirty Dog

#34 takesiteasy

takesiteasy

• Members
  • 2,588 posts
  • LocationMinnesota

Posted 23 June 2014 - 10:52 PM

Takeiteasy,

We have taken an extra day here or there to extend a weekend, but three days in each direction? Wow. I know most of the other long distance attendees are making this part of a longer trip. I you have the time, do as Bill says and make the most of the cross country trip. Or stay longer in CA. The rally is being held less than an hour from Lake Tahoe and a few hours drive to Yosemite. The eastern Sierras will be in their Fall colors. the Pacific coast is fairly close as well. There is a lot to see here. If you are going to drop that much in gas money, I'd make it worth it.

Ted/Bill, thanks for the encouragement. :) I was really joking. My wife has a volleyball tournament in Utah at that time. We already decided we couldn't spend the money on gas to drive to that and all the same arguments apply. It is probably unlikely I'll get the ok to drive to CA, even though my son lives in San Francisco and I would like to visit him too.

2011 Tacoma AC TRD
ATC Custom Shell

travelswithrockythedog.blogspot.com

#35 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 23 June 2014 - 11:57 PM

Ted, I'm not planning on traversing Fordyce so I think I'll keep the dog with me. So far he's been a pretty good Jeep dog. He wasn't too happy being kenneled this past week so it'll be good to bring him along.

Every trip there for me was during the Sierra Trek so I'm not too sure what to expect in October.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#36 Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

Smokecreek1

• Members
  • 2,763 posts
  • LocationNE Calif/NW Nev

Posted 24 June 2014 - 12:56 AM

Craig-if I make it, "Bob" is  looking forward to teaching your beastie how to drive, the only problem is , Bob  likes to drink(sometimes)in excess--as his papa I'm teaching him to herd sheep and drink less, but what can you do, kids will be kids, and he still has a problem with a speed shift into third, but he does okay as long a he has a ball and a lake and no hang over :blink:!  PS-how was antelope lake?

Smoke

Edited by Smokecreek1, 24 June 2014 - 12:59 AM.

Smokecreek1:99F1504x4with05Granby

#37 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 24 June 2014 - 02:54 AM

Hard to speed shift a T-90. Maybe Bob could teach Riley how to fetch a ball. Antelope was a good trip. Got to see a deer chasing a coyote. Never seen that before. Might have seen a mountain lion but whatever it was it was fast. Got lost right after finding the Walker mine. Hmmm, wasn't going to do a trip report but maybe I should.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#38 camelracer

camelracer

• Members
  • 960 posts
  • LocationGoleta, Ca

Posted 24 June 2014 - 07:01 AM

I'm in

2002 Fiat 2500 CTD 4x4, FWC Grandby 1951 Willys CJ3A

#39 Espresso

Espresso

• Members
  • 282 posts
  • LocationSF Bay Area

Posted 24 June 2014 - 03:36 PM

Um, yeah.  About that "road" from Fordyce to Meadow Lake...

#40 billharr

billharr

• Members
  • 2,824 posts
  • LocationStockton CA

Posted 24 June 2014 - 04:20 PM

Um, yeah.  About that "road" from Fordyce to Meadow Lake...

Here it is

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users