Air Conditioner?

• Please log in to reply
28 replies to this topic

#11 Brian

Brian

• Members
  • 265 posts

Posted 22 January 2008 - 04:32 AM

I know how to ride motorcycles in the cold and rain but I had to learn to ride them here in the desert and yet still wear all the protection. I find if at every gas stop I pour a bottle of water over my mesh jacket and upper body, it helps a lot. On a trip to Arkansas in the summer on bikes a year ago I got to the middle of Texas somewhere, there was a huge change in humidity and pouring the water on just made me hot and wet.
Swamp coolers are used here most of the summer. I think the O2 cooler will work for my needs but it will be a while before I can report.
Stay warm,
Brian in NM

#12 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 22 January 2008 - 08:18 AM

Brain Man,
I'm interested to see how your test turns out. This thing looks too good to be true.

Special Engel Pricing For WTW Members

Click here to see my ATC Cougar
JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#13 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 23 January 2008 - 05:17 PM

I emailed the Swampy folks yesterday to see if I could get up to Mesa and see the units in action. The owner said they have no showroom but would be at the AZ boat & RV shows next month. I'm going to drive up to Phoenix and see how well they work.

They have a $50 off show special. If they work an under $300 unit seems cheap enough for summer Southwest camping.

This is the model he suggested in his email. http://www.swampy.net/wb.html
The thing is very compact and has a tiny amp draw. Of course we still have to see what Brain/Brian has to report on the o2.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#14 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 03 March 2008 - 02:57 PM

I drove up to the RV show in Phoenix yesterday. Holy Moly the money people pay for the ability to sit in a large parking lot or next to the highway in a vehicle that basically can only go my where wifes Scion can go (and not even). I guess to each his own.

I went up there specifically to see the Swampy Cooler. I was very impressed with it and bought one at the Show Price of $275. This thing is no bigger than a small boom box. Its very powerful. I'll be testing it soon.

Attached Thumbnails

• mw172.jpg

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#15 craig333

craig333

Riley's Human

• Members
  • 8,023 posts
  • LocationSacramento

Posted 03 March 2008 - 05:31 PM

Very curious to see how that works out.

Craig K6JGV_________________________ 2004 2500 CTD 4X4 FWC HAWK 1960 CJ5

#16 lqhikers

lqhikers

• Members
  • 594 posts
  • Locationla quinta calif

Posted 04 March 2008 - 12:06 AM

Jay,i bet your dogs are going to love you!I think you should of bought 2,one for you and Pam and one for the dogs.when are you going to build a trailer to haul everything?(also nice awning!)
Drive slow and enjoy "its the journey"

Les lqhikers

#17 CJ8Rockcrawler

CJ8Rockcrawler

• Members
  • 306 posts

Posted 04 March 2008 - 01:02 AM

It looks like they are going to be at the Phx Sportsman's Show as well... I'll have to check them out after I'm done at the FWC display.
1984 Jeep $crambler - Lifted/Locked on 35s/Caged/RTT Rack/Etc... 2004 Dodge Ram Quad Cab 4x4 6spd Diesel - Gauges/CB/2M Radio/Lorenz Bilstein 5100 Suspension with DP Leaf Springs/Carli Long Travel Airbags 2002 Hawk FWC - With all the goodies to keep the wife a "happy camper" "Paved Roads... Another example of wasteful government spending."

#18 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:11 PM

Les, No trailer needed we still travel very light and unlike the Taco the Ram still has tons of room. I'm hoping we can hook up
on the trail soon.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

#19 PicachoKid

PicachoKid

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas, NV

Posted 08 March 2008 - 02:42 AM

I have used the Swampy MightyKool Model MW1 at Big Bear, CA in late May as will as Death Valley in April and May when the temps were between 90 and 100. The little cooler made it very comfortable in the FWC. I would recommend the accessory water container if you wish to run the cooler all night.

#20 chnlisle

chnlisle

Post Master

• Members
  • 3,811 posts
  • LocationThe Old Pueblo

Posted 08 March 2008 - 07:14 AM

Thank Kid, I'm looking forward to cooler nights.

JayAronowSales.com
(520)579-9610
jayaronow@gmail.com

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users